advertisement

Headway Brain Injury Charity - Records - Mapperley, Nottm.

Reckon you might get a bit more on the Trini Lopez BT.

@gavreid
The Neil Sedaka album was a surprise to listen to - I know Sedaka songs, but on that album the backing band, backing vocals and production are 10cc!

‘The Tra-La Days Are Over’

• Graham Gouldman

Graham Gouldman
    Bass, Guitar, Backing Vocals
  • Kevin Godley

Kevin Godley
    Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
  • Eric Stewart

Eric Stewart
    Engineer, Guitar, Backing Vocals
  • Lol Creme

Lol Creme
    Guitar, Backing Vocals
  • 10cc

10 c.c.*
    Producer

We have been to Headway to pick up empty sleeves and donations.

I made £107 for the charity this time, most pleasing.

Sold 21 L.P’s and 16 x 7” Singles - this is great because the 7” sales have picked up a lot - I knew they would.

Donations were not so good. I sorted through them in the shop - loads of rubbish boxsets (James Last etc.) can go straight in the bin.

There was about ten Jazz 78’s - Count Basie etc. that should be fine when cleaned up and tested - I reckon I should be able to get £3+ for them each - depending on how they play.

A mere £40 this week… 😐

That will increase in a couple of weeks as I have picked up a great donation, all Gift-Aided that has some easy sells in it.
The Police, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, Blondie, Chicago, two Bob Marley albums and even an Elvis Costello album!
Excellent - they will sell within the week.
Interesting that that donation also had a few 7” e.p.’s from the 1960’s from Israel - most of the text is in Hebrew (?) I guess - only managed to find a couple on Discogs. I might put them on pfm as a job lot as they are very niche!
This kind o thing. >

Shulie Nathan* = שולי נתן* – ירושלים של זהב = Jerusalem Of Gold​

Shuly Nathan - ירושלים של זהב = Jerusalem Of Gold album cover
More images

@Tony L
Hello Tony,
I think this thread would make more sense in the Music thread as that is (sort of) what it is about?
thank you. bt.

A decent week at Headway.

Sales of 7” Singles are increasing. Sold 15 making £25 - this doesn’t count the 50p bargains.
a total of £106 with L.P’s and 12” Singles added.

managed to get £15 for Bob Marley ‘Legend’

There was two boxes of donations but most of it was dross, straight in the bin. Kept hold of a Nat King Cole boxset as that will sell.

I have put some more Elvis Costello and Billie Holiday in the shop this week.

Not a bad week for Headway.
£65 in L.P’s (17 sold) and £11 in 7” Singles (6 sold) - £76 tots.

I got a useful donation from an old friend, so those records have gone in this week.

A local charity shop had a box of records all priced at 50p each so I got 10 records for a fiver - I reckon I can get £20-30 for those records in the Headway shop ;)

Just had a few Spirit albums donated, so they will be fun to clean and listen to, and a Darts album! ace.

Congrats on finding decent records in the 50p box! Result!

The shop where I found the 50p records is a local heritage charity that doesn’t normally have records for sale, but they had a box to raise money to keep the local history shop going - I just happened to pop in and found them. Nothing that I want, but the opportunity was too good to miss - and I am interested to see how much I can convert £5 investment into at Headway.
There is a nr/mint Cliff Richard/Shadows ‘The Young Ones’ Mono soundtrack that should make £7+
a super clean ’A Swingin’ Safari’ - Bert Kaempfert that will clear £3
and a nr/mint The Searchers’ Smash Hits from 1966 that will make ?£7+ that sort of thing.

I have a load of records you can have I was given them years ago, mostly todd rundgren etc, I am very close to the shop.

Pete

I have a load of records you can have I was given them years ago, mostly todd rundgren etc, I am very close to the shop.

Pete

Thank you - if you are able, please sign up to the Gift Aid scheme as it means that the charity gets more money - at the end of a (financial?) year you will get a letter informing you have the money made from your donations!

Sold 19 L.P’s plus an 8 album boxset and 12 x 7” Singles this week. £80 total for the week.

managed £2 for Rick Astley ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ 7” - good old Rick, this always sells within a week.
oldest 7” sold this week was The Dave Clark Five ‘Come Home’ 1965

Pleased to sell a Glenn Miller 8 album boxset for £2 - these can sit around for years, but will sell if priced right and in nr/mint condition. Sold within a week.
Someone paid £2 for a George Formby album…
most expensive record sold this week was a nice clean Santana greatest hits from 1974 at £7.

Picked up a nice donation of soul/disco 12” Singles that will easily sell.
Put about 50 albums in the bin that had arrived via stock rotation from other Headway shops. Harry Secombe etc… all dead stock that wouldn’t sell at 50p

Put some Blondie and Spirit albums in the shop this week.

advertisement

Back