advertisement

Headway Brain Injury Charity - Records - Mapperley, Nottm.

Just dropped off a load of records at Headway.

Quite pleased as we had £82 in sales over the last week. I have asked the manager to request some more records from other branches of Headway, as my stock is dwindling. (although I have plenty of 7” Singles to shift)

I find that I can sell records that previously were dead stock with the new location. Even sold a Jasper Carrott L.P. and a couple of Tony Hancock’s Half Hour albums as well.

Soggy visit to restock the records.
We managed to make £110 ish since I last called.
Most pleasing.

I am glad that the 7” Singles are now selling better. 20 Singles sold at a minimum of £1 and I sold a couple at £4 each
(Traffic and Herman’s Hermits)

Moaned at the manager because we need the other Headway charity shops to cough up some stock.
I am clearing some of my records that I rarely play. Good to make some space.

Soggy visit to restock the records.
We managed to make £110 ish since I last called.
Most pleasing.

I am glad that the 7” Singles are now selling better. 20 Singles sold at a minimum of £1 and I sold a couple at £4 each
(Traffic and Herman’s Hermits)

Moaned at the manager because we need the other Headway charity shops to cough up some stock.
I am clearing some of my records that I rarely play. Good to make some space.
Sold the Belle Stars yet BT?

I drove very close whilst in Nottm just before Christmas, on way from Bulwell to Gedling to see an old mate. I had a longtime girlfriend on Plains road too. Will try to drop in next time. Where's the nearest parking?

Sold the Belle Stars yet BT?

That went months ago.
I am digging my overflow collection in a spare room now. Feels good to finally get rid of some records. And I find something I have forgotten about to play, win-win.

I drove very close whilst in Nottm just before Christmas, on way from Bulwell to Gedling to see an old mate. I had a longtime girlfriend on Plains road too. Will try to drop in next time. Where's the nearest parking?

I am not that local, but the Sainsbury’s looks okay for a short period. There is a carpark behind the shops, but it is hit n miss re: space.
Maybe a local knows the secret parking?

Just delivered a load of vinyl to Headway.
Chancing my arm a bit, but I have stuck some more expensive records in the shop.
Peaked at £19 for a rare 12” that is double that price online in that condition. (maybe triple)

What was interesting was that there were 2 women sifting through the stock when I entered the shop - I see this a lot, women of all ages buying records.
Then a woman (volunteer/staff) at the shop started talking to me about her large 7” collection and her old (valve) Juke Box… now that I have got home I think I recognised her from the hospital that I used to work in 20+ yrs ago..

Good news, we made £113 since last week.
8x12” singles
7x7” singles and
18 L.P’s.

not bad!

Highlights arriving at the shop next week.

Currently £35 from amazon - Headway price is less than half the amazon value.

Iggy And The Stooges* – Raw Power​

The Stooges - Raw Power album cover
More images

Label:Columbia – 88985375171, Sony Music – 88985375171, Legacy – 88985375171
Format:Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Repress, Stereo, 180 Gram
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Repress, Stereo, 180 Gram
All Media, Special Edition, Gatefold
Released:17 Feb 2017

John Lennon ‘Rock n Roll’ L.P.
Connie Francis greatest hits
The Dubliners greatest hits
Duane Eddy ‘Shazam’
Johhny Silvo ‘Time Enough To Spare’
Very best of Don Williams (great voice)
Baccara ‘Light My Fire’ RCA orange labels

all VG+ or better. all play-tested :cool:

and for the sleeve-collectors, something for late-night perusal (different times!)

IMG-1640.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Someone purchased the Iggy Pop…£14 was a good price.
Also managed to sell a rare 1979 Disco 12” for £19 in the shop. Pleasing that people are willing to pay that price in a charity shop, I did make it a bargain price. It would have sat on Discogs for ages, and I would have lost 20%+ of the sale on costs (Discogs and Paypal cut)
Just picked up over £80 of sales in a week. Shop staff are pleased. Sold a few more Classical records, they will sell if they are priced at peanuts!
I donated a skateboard from my collection - just a crappy popsicle, but unridden and okay for a beginner.

Someone purchased the Iggy Pop…£14 was a good price.
Also managed to sell a rare 1979 Disco 12” for £19 in the shop. Pleasing that people are willing to pay that price in a charity shop, I did make it a bargain price. It would have sat on Discogs for ages, and I would have lost 20%+ of the sale on costs (Discogs and Paypal cut)
Just picked up over £80 of sales in a week. Shop staff are pleased. Sold a few more Classical records, they will sell if they are priced at peanuts!
I donated a skateboard from my collection - just a crappy popsicle, but unridden and okay for a beginner.
What was the Disco 12"?

advertisement

Back