advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

Gammon mullet man going broke...nargh, too good to miss.
I'd spare a thought, but would be punching the air as a priority.
Edit: Over 40,000 directly employed and god knows how many others in the supply chain on the dole is "too good to miss"? I really hope you are not serious....

Stop being so reasonable, don’t you see there is a revolution to start;)

I don’t like their owner either but, as you say, they are an important employer. What is the alternative for their staff, not everyone has the luxury of choices.

The alternative given by mulletgammon was a job in Tesco's.

Refused to pay his workers before furlough started, and as previously stated told them to get jobs with Tesco.
Really showed his compassion there.
As soon as covid hit told all his suppliers he wasn’t paying them a penny until it was over.
Further example of his caring attitude.
The spiv deserves to go bust and I really hope he does.
Anyone with any decency would never cross the door of a Wetherspoons again.
Still no mention of the 40,000+ who would be out of work. Bet they wish they could afford the principled attitude of someone who rarely goes to any pub but is very comfortably off financially....

Some of you people really need to have a close look at your selfish selves.

Vivian : I don't like your manners!
Marlowe : I'm not crazy about yours. I didn't ask to see you. I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They are pretty bad. I grieve over them long winter evenings.

The alternative given by mulletgammon was a job in Tesco's.
Yes, I am aware of this. I hear people also moan about the practices of supermarkets, as I said, not everyone has the privilege of having in-demand skills therefore they cannot choose their employer to same degree.

Replace the Chairman with someone who cares about their employees.
See earlier responses, how can the employees effect this? Whatever you think of chief Mullet he is an effective business person who has built a chain of pubs that people less fortunate than ourselves can afford to drink in. Bar work is often poorly paid & insecure; do you think the demise of Wetherspoons will help? Mass unemployment is coming for many so probably not a great idea to add further to this?

plenty of people here choose to work for him as his conditions are better than the other pubs and outlets.....

Though in the specific cases you're referring to I have no way of knowing either way, in general, please be careful of attributing desire to those who do things out of necessity.

Especially if you're comparatively well off and aren't confronted by the same choices.

See also: 'choose' to rent.

Edit: Over 40,000 directly employed and god knows how many others in the supply chain on the dole is "too good to miss"? I really hope you are not serious....
Many in the supply chain risk being put out of business by his refusal to pay them a penny he owes until Covid is over.

Tim mulletspoon is a piece of shit filling a suit but until there is a rival chain offering similarly cheap beer I'll be drinking there and the naysayers know where they can shove it. It will by far be the best organised pub in the area re provision of anti coronavirus precautions and one of only 2 that are large enough for one to have a chance of distancing yourself from others.

As Voltaire famously (didn't) say "The law in its infinite majesty prohibits both the rich and poor equally from begging in the streets and sleeping under bridges"

Many in the supply chain risk being put out of business by his refusal to pay them a penny he owes until Covid is over.
Still no justification of your apparent indifference to over 40,000 directly employed people being put out of work if your desire to see his business fail is realised?

Tim mulletspoon is a piece of shit filling a suit but until there is a rival chain offering similarly cheap beer I'll be drinking there and the naysayers know where they can shove it. It will by far be the best organised pub in the area re provision of anti coronavirus precautions and one of only 2 that are large enough for one to have a chance of distancing yourself from others.

As Voltaire famously (didn't) say "The law in its infinite majesty prohibits both the rich and poor equally from begging in the streets and sleeping under bridges"
The only alternative is probably Sam Smiths pubs but they don’t do food or cards & probably just as beastly.

There are a couple of locals in Sheffield owned by the same small entrepreneur who offer great beer at less than £3 a pint but don’t do food.

This ‘debate’ is all becoming a bit ‘let them eat cake’.

The only alternative is probably Sam Smiths pubs but they don’t do food or cards & probably just as beastly.

There are a couple of locals in Sheffield owned by the same small entrepreneur who offer great beer at less than £3 a pint but don’t do food.

This ‘debate’ is all becoming a bit ‘let them eat cake’.

Sam Smiths yeah but there isn't one around here.

You'd have thought other entrepreneurs would have thought "Spoons seems to be doing well... and has no rivals... hmmm..."

advertisement

Back