advertisement

Glastonbury 22

I always thought Alison Kraus and Robert Plant were a mildly interesting stylistic backwater but live, it’s much better.

Having just watched them on the 8.35 to 9.30 slot on BBC I'm embarrassed for them - I thought they were crap!
Admittedly they might have sounded better if I could have heard them over the backing musicians, did they have the mic levels right?

Khruangbin - never heard of them..but will be investigating further, really lovely stuff.

Opinions divided on Plant & Krauss it seems!

Edited to add - REALLY liking Khruangbin.

Not so sure about Billy Eyelash. It's not the sort of music that seems any better for being live.

The Scream are a little late...just preparing in the dressing room I guess..

I’ve flipped away from Billie Eilish, and I’m trying Little Simz at present, but may flip over to FourTet later.

There are some big maids jigging about on some poor sods shoulders! I’d love to hear tales of Glastonbury as told by the St Johns Ambulance brigade:)

I watched St. Etienne as I used to have a massive crush on Sarah Cracknell, but she now looks old enough to be someone's Mum. Reader, she is two days older than me.

So, talking of amazing talents, St. Vincent it is.

Not sure what’s happened to Sarah’s voice, she was really out of tune at times. Had to flip over to something else as it was spoiling it for me.

Liked Wet Leg. Griff and the followup Scandi girl were banging out some decent pop songs. I’ll catch up on some of the other recommendations here tomorrow morning.

The Primals are trying hard...but the crowd seems dead..it's not working, that's for sure.

Not sure about the suit...

Not seen much but saw 10 minutes of Billie Eillish, definitely looked like she was mining. Khruangbin we’re excellent I thought.

Cheers BB

My 12 year old daughter just said that Billy Eillish is lip singing

I think it is more she has backing vocals and FX. It’s certainly not a lone voice, but I don’t think she’s ‘faking’. More trying to get the sound of the recordings which will inevitably be multi-layered on music like this.

PS Not really my thing so I’m over with Four Tet now.

advertisement

Back