advertisement

GB News Channel

Dewberrey is back.

He’s a bit past it surely?

51249433408_aa926d0949_o.jpg

Wow, it’s a rolling coverage of D listers,semi royal wackos, political has beens with a axe to grind, and ‘swivel eyed loonies’ all presented by hacks well past sell by date.
It’s like ‘the day today’ came true, or Dominic Cummings was Max Headroom.
Even the picture quality screams 1980’s, I keep getting a whiff of channel 4 trying to be edgy on Sunday mornings.

Don't get a bunch of TV technical engineers together on a daily call talking about it, we weren't impressed. The barrel must have been scraped quite low for technical professionals who actually wanted to work for this outfit. Unfortunately it seems to be based near our own offices in Paddington.

Tried again last night - still utterly shambolic ...

Real problems with the online viewer (endless buffering/freezing up).
Worked a couple of times - Wootton interviewing some loopy Epstein apologist in a feature called The Big Ouesion (sic) ...

Later on Neil was interviewing a Journalism Association rep re. the shameful abuse of Nick Watt - his mic had weird echo effects, her mic was mostly none-functioning apart from an occasional rustling noise like someone was wiggling the cable to see if that helped :D

Bunch of first year BTEC students could probably do a better job .....(unless that's who they've employed)

Don't get a bunch of TV technical engineers together on a daily call talking about it, we weren't impressed. The barrel must have been scraped quite low for technical professionals who actually wanted to work for this outfit. Unfortunately it seems to be based near our own offices in Paddington.

I'd kind of assumed that with covid hitting so many productions there would be lots of TV techs looking for work at the mo. I wonder if the whole thing is just being done on the cheap.

I don’t think that is entirely fair, a lot of us were arguing from a basis of personal freedom, civil liberties, human rights etc.

Unfortunately, 'personal freedom' and 'civil liberties' are double-edged swords; they're what's used by the likes of Piers Corbyn and Laurence Fox to justify all the anti-vax, anti-mask wearing protests, and are also part of the anti-woke arsenal: 'Of course you can't say what you think any more because of cancel culture'.

Twitter channel for following the hilarity : https://twitter.com/GBNewsFails

Although their strategy is to create watchable clips and drive division, so really we should all be ignoring them lest we make the same mistake we did with Farage.

I'm finding the picture quality awful on my decent OLED!

Content isn't much better either.

I'm out.

The red, white and blue is a bit too much visually.
If they wish to shove the flag right up us it could be a bit more subtle.
Never before have I wished for the likes of Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar to turn up.

I think “wanted to work for that money” would be closer to the truth. The available budget was probably blown on the fat contracts for the “talent”, without properly considering how much would really be needed for production staff. Good people with experience want good money, and it looks like GB News isn’t a place to get it. The other type of person willing to work for below-par pay, the one who’s taking a bet on being offered better experience and quicker progression; they’re probably holding out to see if the station lasts a year…

“Mike Hunt” and “Mike Oxlong” comments getting on air so quickly also shows that there’s either an understaffing or serious lack of experience in program research and broadcast coordination. Anyone who’s ever worked on even a small local radio show would have seen all these names. I wouldn’t be surprised if the a lot of the various shows’ “researchers” turned out to be close relatives of the presenters - bringing in a child or spouse onto a production at a relatively generous salary is a common trick to dodge personal tax.

Unfortunately, 'personal freedom' and 'civil liberties' are double-edged swords; they're what's used by the likes of Piers Corbyn and Laurence Fox to justify all the anti-vax, anti-mask wearing protests, and are also part of the anti-woke arsenal: 'Of course you can't say what you think any more because of cancel culture'.

Yeah, we can't possibly have any freedom can we? If anyone did more than about two minutes research they would be able to find out for themselves the harm masks do, and just how harmful and ineffective vaccines are. But we can't have any truth getting out can we?
So-called 'cancel culture' is one of the banes of society. "I don't agree with you, therefore I will try to shut you down". If anyone can't see what is wrong with not being able to speak freely and have an honest, open debate about anything, they are the problem.

I'm so controversial, me.

Yeah, we can't possibly have any freedom can we? If anyone did more than about two minutes research they would be able to find out for themselves the harm masks do, and just how harmful and ineffective vaccines are. But we can't have any truth getting out can we?

I guess that would depend on a) what sources you looked at in those two minutes and b) whether they were credible sources. The anti-vax sites I've looked at* seem to consist mostly of either random conspiracy theory nutters or blokes selling snake-oil cures for Covid. Moreover they involve a lot more than two minutes' worth of investigation, as they tend to involve long, rambling YouTube videos that are heavy on assertion and light on evidence.

* I looked at a fair few last year when Marco on AoS was in full-on anti-vax conspiracy mode.

I guess that would depend on a) what sources you looked at in those two minutes and b) whether they were credible sources. The anti-vax sites I've looked at* seem to consist mostly of either random conspiracy theory nutters or blokes selling snake-oil cures for Covid. Moreover they involve a lot more than two minutes' worth of investigation, as they tend to involve long, rambling YouTube videos that are heavy on assertion and light on evidence.

* I looked at a fair few last year when Marco on AoS was in full-on anti-vax conspiracy mode.

As with Trump world it's a mix of people with emotional and mental health issues, the suggestible, and the grifters who exploit them. Waste of time engaging with dyed in the wool morons, though.

advertisement

Back