advertisement

GB News Channel

Grolsch have scarpered now, great stuff, give them nothing.
Presuming advertising has moral principles, they must have some economic data that is telling them to keep a distance.

Here’s hoping a few other names follow suit

Andrew Neil is far from daft, he’ll fully understand the fragility of ad revenue etc. As such I suspect it will be quite a while before the channel really lets rip in a Fox News way, if ever. That said there was apparently some pretty bonkers anti-lockdown/anti-masker ranting last night, so the trajectory is set. It is also worth noting that LBC retains advertising and I assume profitability despite platforming the likes of Farage and Ferrari.

Andrew Neil is far from daft, he’ll fully understand the fragility of ad revenue etc. As such I suspect it will be quite a while before the channel really lets rip in a Fox News way, if ever. That said there was apparently some pretty bonkers anti-lockdown/anti-masker ranting last night, so the trajectory is set. It is also worth noting that LBC retains advertising and I assume profitability despite platforming the likes of Farage and Ferrari.

From the anti-lockdown demo:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...i-lockdown-protesters-treatment-bbc-nick-watt

My worry is that they’re just exploring their limits with the proper bonkers stuff, the merely ‘pretty bonkers’ is some way down the line and where GB TV will settle down quite comfortably!

How come the advertisers have pulled their ads - surely they can't have only just realised the nature of GB News?

Maybe they thought it'd be slightly more slick and professional than something cobbled together by 2nd year Media Arts students.

How come the advertisers have pulled their ads - surely they can't have only just realised the nature of GB News?

It appears quite a few were customers of SkyMedia who seem to be an ad-broker/distributor to many channels so had ads running on GBN accidentally. Ikea have apparently found themselves in that position and have pulled out. Follow the #StopFundingHate link upthread. At least five big name cancellations now.

It appears quite a few were customers of SkyMedia who seem to be an ad-broker/distributor to many channels so had ads running on GBN accidentally. Ikea have apparently found themselves in that position and have pulled out. Follow the #StopFundingHate link upthread. At least five big name cancellations now.

This line made me laugh for some reason….

“New TV channel launches with technical problems, Covid conspiracies and Nigel Farage"
Nigel Farage, a conspiratorial technical problem if ever there was one

Not a fan of their dodgy alcopops but may well get a couple of bottles in now :)
Politics aside, don't bother. It's absolutely disgusting stuff. My son used to drink the cider and left half a dozen cans behind when he moved out. I ended up chucking it down the drain, and there really isn't much I won't drink if push comes to shove.

Give money to a charity of your choice!

Politics aside, don't bother. It's absolutely disgusting stuff. My son used to drink the cider and left half a dozen cans behind when he moved out. I ended up chucking it down the drain, and there really isn't much I won't drink if push comes to shove.

Give money to a charity of your choice!
Take away the alcohol, and isn’t a fruit flavoured apple something a bit…confusing?

I have turned it on again now. Tom Harwood is there again. Does he live there?

Dewberrey is back. Got the guest's name wrong. Blamed the screen. Sound is poor.

Amateur hour.

advertisement

Back