advertisement

GB News Channel

They might be in more trouble than they are if the Conservative Party were not spending £1m advertising with them, according to the Byline Times.

They might be in more trouble than they are if the Conservative Party were not spending £1m advertising with them, according to the Byline Times.

I’m pretty sure the whole thing is a money-laundering scam. A way of getting £millions of dirty offshore oligarch money into the pockets and coffers of the Tory Party via an entity that is on paper making a huge loss. That it can at the same time spread their far-right nationalism, racism, bigotry and conspiracy theory makes it a win all round.

You may well be right about it being a money laundering scam but don`t discount the thought that some people have made so much money from having their corrupt mates in power dishing out the lucrative contracts that losing £40 million a year in order to help keep them in power is a good investment.

A tax write-off whilst getting £millions into the back pockets of many of the nastiest, most corrupt and vile operators within UK politics. A lot of dark money spent to platform and empower the very worst far-right ideology and conspiracy theory. I doubt profit was ever the point here.

A tax write-off whilst getting £millions into the back pockets of many of the nastiest, most corrupt and vile operators within UK politics. A lot of dark money spent to platform and empower the very worst far-right ideology and conspiracy theory. I doubt profit was ever the point here.
So why make people redundant? If profit isn’t the main driver, and the mega rich are funding it, surely they’d be taking more people on to try and have more impact.

Good news for a Saturday morning though.

So why make people redundant? If profit isn’t the main driver, and the mega rich are funding it, surely they’d be taking more people on to try and have more impact.

It is really hard to figure out, but I remain convinced there is a money-laundering aspect to it. Multi-millionaire far-right Tory peer Paul Marshall has jumped ship which will have left a funding hole, but disrupters such as the Dubai-based Legatum Institute are still funnelling money into the pockets of Tory MPs, professional racists and related conspiracy theorists. There is obviously still a lot of money there. I doubt we’ll see the likes of Farage, Rees Mogg, Esther McVey, Lee Anderson, Neil Oliver etc sacked. Is the far-right homophobic fake-vicar Calvin Robertson still there?

Good news for a Saturday morning though.
“It’s nothing personal, Baxter, we’re just cutting out the deadwood”.

(from a very old Punch cartoon I can’t seem to find)

advertisement

Back