advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

And how much would it cost to bring our asylum system up to snuff instead?
how much would it cost overall? What is the cost of our immigration policy compared to the cost of providing legal asylum?

If our immigration policy is not based on economic benefit, there must be some another reason. Some other reason that looks morally repugnant.

"cowardice" is the word that leaps out there. The BBC is showing extraordinary cowardice in the face of the right wing othering of people seeking asylum

They are playing a very active part in the Tory culture war. I bet all these heavily politicised decisions are coming right from the top down. It has been the way for many years now right from Laura Kuenssberg and Nick Robinson repeatedly referring to Tory cuts as ‘savings’ yet using far more pointed terminology for opposition policy. Their repeatedly platforming Farage but no other MEPs, dark-money-funded Tufton St extremists such as Kate Andrews never being off air etc etc. It has been a problem for well over a decade now.

We are now at the point they will even remove environmental science from David Attenborough from air to protect Tory-backed companies flushing shit and chemicals into our rivers and coastal areas destroying wildlife. This is the modern BBC as run by millionaire Tory donor Richard Sharp.

They are playing a very active part in the Tory culture war. I bet all these heavily politicised decisions are coming right from the top down. It has been the way for many years now right from Laura Kuenssberg and Nick Robinson repeatedly referring to Tory cuts as ‘savings’ yet using far more pointed terminology for opposition policy. Their repeatedly platforming Farage but no other MEPs, dark-money-funded Tufton St extremists such as Kate Andrews never being off air etc etc. It has been a problem for well over a decade now.

We are now at the point they will even remove environmental science from David Attenborough from air to protect Tory-backed companies flushing shit and chemicals into our rivers and coastal areas destroying wildlife. This is the modern BBC as run by millionaire Tory donor Richard Sharp.
Yes, very much agree. Cowardice is the wrong word because it implies someone knows what is right, but is afraid the do it. This lot have no fear. They have agency. They are making deliberate choices that are immoral. If they cannot see it, it is because they are immoral to their very core.

331604537-1294884827908705-4110768992970858624-n.jpg

It would be interesting if the government had to backtrack on their plans due to a groundswell of public opinion started by their attempted interference with a football commentator

Am I being too hopeful here? This Lineker incident and the huge backlash it has triggered feels like it might be a turning point. Are people finally waking up to what the Tory party have become, and the dark path it is dragging this country down? Could this be the tide turning?

God, I hope so...

Am I being too hopeful here? This Lineker incident and the huge backlash it has triggered feels like it might be a turning point. Are people finally waking up to what the Tory party have become, and the dark path it is dragging this country down? Could this be the tide turning?

God, I hope so...

Any damage to the BBC is good as far as the Tories are concerned, I fear...

The BBC and their overlords have demonstrated very little grasp of mood and reality on this and Attenborough. Both barrels straight at foot.

It would be interesting if the government had to backtrack on their plans due to a groundswell of public opinion started by their attempted interference with a football commentator

Sunak’s culture wars adviser in Downing St, the rancid Dougie Smith will be telling him “never back down, never apologise”.

God, I hope so...

I was just thinking more or less the same. I'm not holding my breath but it needs some kind of catalyst.

I suspect they’ll dig-in even harder. They have failed on every single economic or societal metric in their 13+ years in office. The UK is unquestionably a far worse place now than when they took over with less prosperity and opportunity for absolutely everyone below the super-rich oligarch demographic. We are where we are and they know no libs (such as most of us here) would ever even consider voting for yet more fail. As such all they have left is the low-IQ racists, bigots and bitter losers left to target. The rest are long gone. We are now at the point where they are targeting a demographic made up entirely of Lee Andersons, Johnathan Gullisses, Nigel Farages and Steven Yaxley Lennons. They have identified their market and will double-down just as Trump has. The UK is a tiny slightly distorted mirror of the US. It has always been easy to see what is coming as the US always leads the way. The Tory Party will be going full QAnon/InfoWars/Daily Wire from this point onwards. Be warned.

I hope to hear chants from fans in support of Lineker coming through on the telly tonight, especially as they should be easier to hear without the usual commentary.

God, I hope so...
I hate to say it but yes to your first question. Those in and around the Tory Party aren’t going to give up the fight now, they’ve managed to politically subsume Farage, Tice and even worse on the British far right and they’re not going to chuck it all away.

Reactions: PsB

advertisement

Back