advertisement

Freemasons - What Do You Know About Them?

Were you inundated with regalia catalogues?

The publication was in the main very dull - many articles about the minutia/history of masonry.
Lots of ads for suppliers of outfits and ceremonial devices, fixtures and fittings.
The letters page was always worth a read - lots of the 'thank you' type - for saving a members house/job/holiday/car/etc (from one lodge to another).

Were the "thank yous" necessarily cryptic on the detail of what was done to intervene and those doing the intervening? That's the stuff I'd be most interested in.

:-D

I've been trying to mentally suppress the goat imagery.

Were the "thank yous" necessarily cryptic on the detail of what was done to intervene and those doing the intervening? That's the stuff I'd be most interested in.

Some were cryptic. Just first names and lodges 'thanks for resolving a difficult situation'.

Some were very detailed.
I recall one letter from a Brit who got in to trouble on holiday in Malta, and went into enormous detail as to how the Maltese lodge members accommodated, entertained, and fed/watered him + family.

I should've kept some editions. There were some spectacularly odd photos.

Some were very detailed.
I recall one letter from a Brit who got in to trouble on holiday in Malta, and went into enormous detail as to how the Maltese lodge members accommodated, entertained, and fed/watered him + family.

Was his name Caravaggio?

Read this.

latest

Stephen

Are you suggesting that masons tell lies, &/or revealing you are a member?

iiic they are more about helping other masons. Maybe try the rotary club?

I'd say more stating a simple fact regarding the existence of jewish lodges in Glasgow, the first of which was established in 1886 and which i knew to be the case as my great grandfather was jewish and a free mason. This no way entails i am a member or even Jewish myself of which i am in fact neither. It also doesn't entail masos tell lies (though undoubtedly like everyone else they do) but rather your 1980's anecdotal source regarding membership was wrong and your above assertions based thereon are illogical at best.

I know several and was asked whether I wanted to join at one stage, though I declined.
I suspect most of the concerns are unfounded, the guys I knew were decent guys who liked a beer/meet up and raised a considerable sum of money for worthy causes... I suspect this represents the vast majority?

And get to dress up a bit :p

advertisement

Back