advertisement

Footwear - all purpose thread for footwear

gintonic

50 shades of grey pussy cats
Couldn't find an all purpose thread for footwear - for trainers, boots, slippers, sliders, brogues - what have you got and what are you buying.

At last count i had 72 pairs of shoes......

anyone going to go for the special release Crocs

image.png

Dip Crocs in liquid Nitrogen and they still would not be cool
I did go through a phase a year or so ago for Chukka books

Dipping Crocs in liquid Nitrogen - or come to think of it, any other destructive treatment - would on the other hand be quite cool indeed :)

I must have about a dozen pairs, ranging from black formal shoes to walking boots to sandals.

The balance has definitely shifted from formal to casual in recent years. The formal shoes are now strictly weddings/funerals/graduations only.

For some reason I’ve moved from Converse/Vans to Spring Court for casual shoes. Maybe they were on special offer, but I have about five pairs.

I’ve never succumbed to the Crocs, but Mrs H has several pairs, mainly for gardening in.

I have 2 pairs of shoes which I wear for formal occasions - I have worn them 3 times in 10 years. I have 2 pairs of informal shoes which I wear for evening meals out - about 6 times a year. I have a a pair of trainers for cycling - worn everyday. I have 2 pairs of "sandals" (the modern version sometimes called "sport" sandals) which I wear when walking in fine weather.

I hate shoe shopping as much as I hate clothes shopping and since I retired I have done very little of it.

Crocs are an abomination worn by men who often do not wear socks with shoes or trainers. Such people are easily identified by their foot rot odour.

i think i have three pairs of crocs - office (upstairs) and then cooking/kitchen ones, and ones which i venture outdoors in

I bought these Rossignol Ascenders while my wife was away.
She STILL doesn't know about them(although she must have seen the electronic receipt)
How can I can explain to her, why I have another addition to a collection of ten broadly similar boots?
I can't even explain it to myself. //SHAME

rossignol-chamonix-ascender-05.jpg

I stopped wearing trainers back in the mid 70's as my feet would smell like something that had died and put socks on. They never quite got as bad as a friends who's wife had a bucket of sanitising fluid at the front door for him to deposit the socks he had worn that day:eek:
I do wonder if 21st Century trainers are more 'breathable' as my feet have mellowed over the years

I have two of pairs of Red Wings, my Hoka running shoes, a pair of Gola/Joe & Co baseball boots, a couple of pairs of formal shoes, and a rather large pile pile of not quite worn out running shoes that are used for muddy stuff etc, oh and some hiking boots. Then a couple of pairs of Birkenstock Arizonas, I’d be lost without those in summer.

Never been fussed bout footwear/clothes at all, even years ago when I could walk normally I only owned a couple pairs trainers, never owned shoes/boots since school in the 80’s apart from one pair of hiking boots. Nowadays I own 2 pairs of trainers and there both 6+ years old, that’s the entirety of my footwear collection. Kinda pointless buying new trainers/footwear when you can’t walk/can only stand up and shuffle feet across floor.

I used to own multiple pairs of very expensive sidi cycling/mtb shoes though:), used to think nothing of spending £300+ on a nice pair of sidi’s.

Kinda similar to my wardrobe now, 4 t shirts, 2 hoodies and two pairs of jogging bottoms (kinda ironic), my cycling kit/wardrobe used to fill an entire 6 drawer chest though.

Brooks adrenaline gts 21.

I bought my first pair a couple of years ago after someone recommended them. They’re a running shoe, I use them for just ordinary life, not running. About a week after I bought them I noticed something, and so did everyone else.

I was walking faster, with a spring in my step, and with no tiredness.

Brooks for me. Expensive but worth it.

Crocks: best thing since sliced bread! Double-edged compliment as the idea of plastic shoes is Uber-naff. Love em. Today for example I was wearing them with shorts. To go fly fishing in my local stream I just picked up up my rod a walked straight in the water. Superb grip on anything but pure silt.
Otherwise two pairs of walking boots and a pair of funeral shoes. Not much of a clothes horse either.

advertisement

Back