advertisement

F'ing ebay tossers

I'm rarely called sensible, I'm just outraged at the fact he gets his money back and keeps the tonearm. I'll be watching ebay carefully to see if he tries to sell it on. I'd doubt if he will as he said the arm was in great condition and liked it.

I'm rarely called sensible, I'm just outraged at the fact he gets his money back and keeps the tonearm. I'll be watching ebay carefully to see if he tries to sell it on. I'd doubt if he will as he said the arm was in great condition and liked it.

If he tries to sell it on then he is dogmeat.

Im going to repeat this again.

A fake good as no value . It is illegal and probably not fit for purpose . It cannot be sold and thus as no value , this is probably why they are letting him keep it cause as far as they are concerned it is worthless .

Now suppose this arm is not a Roksan . This does not automatically mean it is a fake or it is counterfeited . You are all assuming if it is not a roksan it is a fake , I can not see any reason to make this assumption.

It works , it is fit for purpose and somebody made it properly . It may be a perfectly legal generic tonearm with a value .

Thus the issue is not you sold a fake arm , but you sold a ??????? arm and mislabelled it as a roksan . It not being counterfeited .

seems to me there aint anybody out there faking Tabriz's and if they did they bloody screen print the logo on it .

I'm prepared to bet there is no such thing as a fake Roksan Tabriz tonearm in existence anywhere on the planet. It is just too obscure a product to bother with the considerable expense of tooling-up to produce.

Just take them to the small claims court it will cost you little and they will soon tell you if they have no juristiction. If they accept, even if you lose, you will have the satisfaction that it will have cost them hundreds if not thousands to defend it with no come back for costs.

Whatever the legal niceties of international trade, you may have other remedies.

You are their client, under UK law, and eBay owes you certain duties, having accepted your fees. Their actions, especially as they are misinformed, have led to a loss for you. Even if they have tried to limit their liability to you, have a look at the Unfair Contract Terms Act (1977 IIRC) and see if there is anything there you can use to get them for consequential loss from their negligence. (I am writing from memory here so do check yourself...)

If you tried to run a case under the UCTA, they might just pony up anyway to make you go away rather than argue the case and lose. The Small Claims process does not set legal precedent IIRC but wide reporting of an adverse finding would not please them much.

I must say I'm using eBay less and less. The fees are ridiculous and the protection for sellers next to non-existent. The international aspect now makes the one remaining attraction (which is a wider market for rare things) less appealing. Time for us to be voting with our feet? Especially when this forum provides such a discerning market for our stuff?

Good luck

Peter

Just a point this little scam is not just for overseas. I have had several 'claims' made on pristine and treasured LP's and the only way to resolve the issue (given eBay remove and refund the payment) is to demand a return and that you will be arriving at such and such a day to collect offending article and will not be providing funds for return post!

Frankly it stinks - its bad enough given the fees and hassle without toe rags taking advantage of the clever little idea and getting a load of products for free!

Well I sent ebay.de an email stating I want them to provide the evidence that led to them concluding the arm is indeed fake.........

Got this in response....

We're contacting you to inform you that we asked your buyer to provide us appropriate documentation to your case, within 10 days, till the 29.07.2013.

I've tried ebay UK several times but they won't help as the claim was made through ebay.de. I have called ebay.de but they keep promising to get an English speaker to call me back but never do.

Ask for it back and if he does not give it to you, report him for being knowingly in receipt of counterfeit goods. As ebay are complicit in this they could be charged as well, I am sure they will be thrilled at the publicity.

Ask for it back and if he does not give it to you, report him for being knowingly in receipt of counterfeit goods. As ebay are complicit in this they could be charged as well, I am sure they will be thrilled at the publicity.

Russel

Are you a totally evil bastard, are you trying to get Mr biglebowski into trouble.

Just think through what you have said.

Mr biglebowski sells goods and then he reports the buyer for being in receipt of counterfeit goods which Mr biglebowski sold to him - DUH.

So Mr biglebowski admits the goods are fake - DUH.

Bloody hell, I do not know what your job is but stay well away from practicing law.

Well I sent ebay.de an email stating I want them to provide the evidence that led to them concluding the arm is indeed fake.........

Got this in response....

We're contacting you to inform you that we asked your buyer to provide us appropriate documentation to your case, within 10 days, till the 29.07.2013.

That's more like it - see how this goes....:)

Russel

Are you a totally evil bastard, are you trying to get Mr biglebowski into trouble.

Just think through what you have said.

Mr biglebowski sells goods and then he reports the buyer for being in receipt of counterfeit goods which Mr biglebowski sold to him - DUH.

So Mr biglebowski admits the goods are fake - DUH.

Bloody hell, I do not know what your job is but stay well away from practicing law.

No, Mr Biglebowski knows they are not fake. However both ebay and the customer believe them to be fake, since they are under the belief they are fake, they are breaking the law.

Stop calling me Mr I'm not old enough yet :)

Reminds me of what I used to say to sprogs when I was a lowly Sgt in the army and they called me sir

"Don't call me sir I work for a living"

No, Mr Biglebowski knows they are not fake. However both ebay and the customer believe them to be fake, since they are under the belief they are fake, they are breaking the law.

No they bought the goods believing they were genuine. They are now in a procedural dispute. They are doing nothing wrong. They are going through a process of elimination.

I don't think the guy is scamming me but so far he hasn't responded to any of my (polite) messages. I'm hoping he doesn't view this as a freebie and become a PITA. I did direct him to the thread I started before where several members said they have seen unbadged Tabriz' in the past but he still filed the case so I just don't know.

Certainly a nail in the coffin for ebay and paypal as far as I'm concerned.

Off no help to the opening poster, but isnt it possible to clear the funds out of your Pay Pal a/c to your Bank account, and then clean that out, prior to sending an expensive item. Thus giving Ebay no way to take back YOUR rightful funds.

I suppose they could take you to court, but they would then have to prove that they had acted properly. Obviously in this case, they havent.
It may force them to research a bit more, before reaching the kind of verdict that they have reached here.

advertisement

Back