advertisement

Films/genres that leave you cold

Watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once on Netflix the other day. Didn't make any sense to me.

A fairly common reaction from the reviews that I have read.
It seems that it is a ‘get it,’ or ‘don’t get it’ film.

I have seen it four times now. It suits our house film history. I will probably watch it again soon with The Daughter, who will dig it the most.

Rom Coms
A lot of Science Fiction
Marvel/Superhero crap
All musicals without exception

I do quite like a good jumpy horror movie though

Prefer realistic, plausible, real life films mostly. If it's a good story, well told, I'm in.

Musicals
I'm not keen on rom-coms but some are OK.
Any historical film where they ignore the actual history (Braveheart, U-571 etc)
Otherwise I'm fine!

What is it with (some) Men and Musicals?

I have always liked them.

My Mother was a fan though, and West Side Story on the TV is a very early memory

Atomic Blonde, loud and crass.
It just made me deaf.

And all the boring remakes and sequels.

I don't understand why they can't do a sequel of something good, like Master and Commander.

Musicals, rom-coms, LOTR, Harry Potter, Tarantino, every single ‘franchise’ ever apart from the Bourne films.

What is it with (some) Men and Musicals?

I have always liked them.

My Mother was a fan though, and West Side Story on the TV is a very early memory

I don't really get on with musicals either. I kind of wish I did because the people who like them look like they're having so much fun!

I just can't understand the fascination with zombies, undead, mutants, apocalypse survivors and the like, but plenty seem to find them "entertaining". :rolleyes:

We watch loads of movies. Love LOTR, The Hobbit, watched the extended versions loads of times. Same with Harry Potter, really great. We enjoy musicals if the music's good.

I used to enjoy superhero and SF films, but most have become pretty formulaic, with effects taking precedence over storyline. There are a few, though, that have good and amusing scripts, such as Thor and Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Deadpool.

I don’t watch horror/slasher movies, but I do enjoy suspense thrillers.

I like period/historical dramas, and also a lot of sci-fi and fantasy. I wouldn’t mind a rom com, but good ones are very rare. Only musicals I’ve watched in recent years were over-the-top epics from Bollywood.

advertisement

Back