advertisement

Favourite B-Side?

Oh this has dusted off the memories.

Solomon Burke Down In The Valley flip of I'm hanging up my heart for you which was ignored in the clubs for Down In The Valley

Not a Favourite B side but a favoured B side.
When we , as underage drinkers, use to frequent the Monks Walk pub in Beverley we used to feed the juke box. My great pleasure was to put on n " Sugar Mountain" the B side of Heart of Gold by NY. I don't know why... i just always preferred it to H of G.

Talulah Gosh - Just a Dream

Semi-legendary twee pop band from Oxford/England who released just 6 singles between 1986 and 1988, but never came to recording a full album.
"Just a Dream" is the flipside of their third single "Steaming Train" (released in November 1986).

'So what?' by the Anti Nowhere League. B-Side to Streets of London, and later covered by Metallica.

The B-Side to this, Fade away and radiate, is Fripp at his best.

2266424.jpg

It's an EP really, but obviously Genesis thought the tracks were not worthy ...

R-1469822-1361123836-3788.jpeg.jpg

Stephen

While their love of reggae was doubtless sincere, the band’s attempt to ape its mannerisms was largely risible. The exception, though, was this. Not simply their best approximation of the dub-plates of the period; but the best ten minutes’ music The Clash ever recorded. For one brief, shining moment, they looked like they really might be going someplace....

Vancouver?
"Its yourself" was the prequel to "Los Endos", I used to have them both spliced together as one track.
Funny how my brain mangled those. You're right of course. What was Vancouver the B-side of? I guess it will be on the compilations somewhere

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers - Out of Reach

Released in January 1967 as the B-side to "Sitting in the Rain".
Credited to John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, but actually this is Peter Green singing; he also wrote the song.
An eerie and gloomy atmosphere with the song taken at a very slow and lurching tempo. One of Peter Green's finest moments!

Hank Williams with His Drifting Cowboys - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

One of Hank Williams' best songs hidden away as the B-side to "My Bucket's Got a Hole in It".
Released on MGM in November 1949.

"Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I'm so lonesome I could cry"

advertisement

Back