advertisement

Facebook Marketplace

Arranged to go to see/buy a treadmill. Being cautious at the start of a 50 mile round trip we phoned as we set off, "everything still okay for us looking at the treadmill at your house at 5pm?" Drunken reply from what sounded like a pub showing a football game "no, I can't make it". A little put out by this unannounced cancellation my GF reminded him that it had been agreed only 3 hours earlier. Then he turned aggressive and said he couldn't attend because he was at his uncles funeral, which may or may not have been the truth.....

Just sold a bit of Naim gear on Gumtree the day after posting the ad, and for the asking price too!

The same piece of kit is also on FBMP, at the same price, and has been for two weeks with only a couple of time waster enquiries

Arranged to go to see/buy a treadmill. Being cautious at the start of a 50 mile round trip we phoned as we set off, "everything still okay for us looking at the treadmill at your house at 5pm?" Drunken reply from what sounded like a pub showing a football game "no, I can't make it". A little put out by this unannounced cancellation my GF reminded him that it had been agreed only 3 hours earlier. Then he turned aggressive and said he couldn't attend because he was at his uncles funeral, which may or may not have been the truth.....

Dodged a bullet there then by the sounds of it.

I remember my first Gumtree sale. Gladys or Philomena or something like that inquired, said she'd collect, a burly big Irish man rocked up, tried to haggle, took the item when I said asking price only. The second item to sell again an inquiry was made by Doris or Esmerelda or something like that, guess who rocked up ?

advertisement

Back