advertisement

EWA LS80 speaker cables

hiya chris yes there`s a huge difference in price between ls-80 and odyssey. i used the odyssey back in 2009 when i had an integrated tube amplifier i got from china and used a musical fidelity nu vista cd player and quad 12L2 speakers. i used chord anthem interconnects. that combination was gorgeous sounding. open sounding. for the system i have now i always intended to splash out on all the cables but took some saving up so i went back to the odyssey cables along with a pair of epic cables to use on bass duty just as a temporary measure. unfortunately they weren`t suited to the system i have now. the top end was a bit on the bright side. in the right set up i think the chords are really wonderful. they`re the only ones i ever tried. you can check out the prices on the abcaudio website for the ls-80, they have other speaker cables in the ewa range too. by all accounts on everything i`ve read on the ls-25 and ls-40 they`re all very good and like i say i had very good results using the chord odyssey cables. i think if your system is on the brightside then maybe the odyssey`s maybe too much of a good thing but in a warmer sounding system the odysseys are lovely. you can pick them up on ebay for a good price secondhand. i hope that helped

You might be better off contacting Alan at EWA directly. The official loan scheme I think ended a while ago, but a demo set may still be available to try. Be patient as Alan is just getting back into the swing of things

It's my first post here, so Hello All :)
I'm quite happy user of various TQ Black cables that become recently a bottleneck as I started to upgrade my system. When looking for some alternatives I accidentally heard about EWA and later when trying to get some reviews - I found this place :)
I've read all your quite amazing reviews and my gut feeling is telling me that LS-80 are they way to go with my system based currently on hybrid A+A/B Pathos Logos MkII integrated amp (with Philips/Mullard NOS tubes) and Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand Reference speakers. My original idea was to go with TQ Ultra Blacks or Cardas Clear speaker cables but I like try a new things ;)
Has anyone done any A/B testing of standard cables and these with Furutech connectors? Is there really any noticeable difference in performance?

BTW - is everything good on ABC/EWA side? I dropped them some messages via the website and email and no answer so far...

I'm quite happy user of various TQ Black cables that become recently a bottleneck as I started to upgrade my system. When looking for some alternatives I accidentally heard about EWA and later when trying to get some reviews - I found this place :)
I've read all your quite amazing reviews and my gut feeling is telling me that LS-80 are they way to go with my system based currently on hybrid A+A/B Pathos Logos MkII integrated amp (with Philips/Mullard NOS tubes) and Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand Reference speakers. My original idea was to go with TQ Ultra Blacks or Cardas Clear speaker cables but I like try a new things ;)
Has anyone done any A/B testing of standard cables and these with Furutech connectors? Is there really any noticeable difference in performance?

BTW - is everything good on ABC/EWA side? I dropped them some messages via the website and email and no answer so far...
Also sent them an email myself and no response so far...

You may want to look at the ABC audio thread (from Alan) posted on November 24th to give you an insight as to the delays in answering your enquires.

Alan just last week has come back from the Black Hole and is doing well in normal gravity thus catching up with orders and enquiries.
It was great he came to see me whilst I recovered from a bloody stroke number 2 .
I hope to meet up with him next week, can't wait we have a good giggle at life.

Alan just last week has come back from the Black Hole and is doing well in normal gravity thus catching up with orders and enquiries.
It was great he came to see me whilst I recovered from a bloody stroke number 2 .

Great to know Alan is recovering and getting back up and running and wishing you all good thoughts too Colin

I am so pleased that both you and Alan are making a good recovery! Onwards and upwards as they say! :D:D

wishing both colin and alan a good recovery and you both keep going from strength to strength, your both in my thoughts and i think it`ll give you both such a boost to meet up :D

sorry i`ve not been on here in a while! had the strep virus doing the rounds at work for a good while now. i might as well move in where i work lol plus not been able to listen to the music i love as i had a problem with my roon nucleus and needed to be sent back and because of the time of year it`s still undergoing repair so i`m restricted to internet radio which i must say i am appreciating as i`ve never really bothered with internet radio. i`ve well over 200 hours on the ls-80`s now but no changes in sound to report and still very much in love with the sound. i only just bought a 4tb hard drive for the nucleus too and still have that to fit when i finally get it back so i`ll have a much bigger music library to explore.

i`m on track saving up to get a couple of pairs of ic-40`s of various lengths probably around end of april or beginning of may. so looking forward to that!!!

Good morning all , first post on this forum from Canada
I have been a long time reader but have special interest in this thread so I thought I’d sign up

do we know if ABC is taking new orders currently. I’m reading there is health concerns with the owner Alan (?) . I somehow ended up briefly connected to Colin by way of the ABC site and he indicated that he would forward my request to Alan. Subsequent to that I emailed ABC off their web page and still haven’t heard anything back.

Running two businesses myself I understand not being able to field answers as quick as they come in…. That’s almost a given, but when I read there is health concerns and a protracted time period before any type of reply it’s difficult to navigate what if anything I should do about inquire if and ordering their products
any insight here would be terrific

I'm not too sure what the current situation is regarding new orders, unless someone has recent experience. It may be worth PM @CJ14 for the latest

Thanks Muttley

I’m unsure if I want to bother Colin again , it does appear as though he forwarded my email appropriately

I’m just at a point of picking one of three different cables and this is definitely one that is of great interest. I just had some questions regarding long custom lengths and the cost of it making its way to Canada

@CJ14 any idea on when you can get some of your new designs out this year?

I know Alan is having a rough time getting back to being mentally healthy, but hopefully you can get that A40 and the revised cables to market.

advertisement

Back