advertisement

Ever wondered why recent BMWs look so unspeakably awful*?

I don't mind the face of the i3. I just can't get used to the sides. It's a blast to drive though ...

I don't mind the face of the i3. I just can't get used to the sides. It's a blast to drive though ...
Agree. If it weren’t such a bloody great car I would hate its aesthetics but I forgive them whenever I drive it!

I think the i3 looks great. But I've been told my views are not mainstream...I'm very glad about that.
I agree. Daringly different without trying too hard to make a statement. Particularly fine interior, too, I think, and that’s where you spend your time after all.

It was easy when they just did the 3,5,6,7 range. One idea carried across all 4 models.

Nowadays I think half the range looks like shit and the other half looks excellent. Mainly it's the additions to the range I hate. Although the Bangle years were also ugly.

The i8 and the new 8 series both look magnifique.

Yeah, a mate has had two of them, both RX which he said was mandatory for him. The first he describes as a bit of a lemon and my over-riding memory is going down to Kent in cold weather to pick up sacks of green coffee and no heating on, I was allowed to have my heated seat. I mean FFS, what's the point of having an expensive vehicle to have to endure that kind of privation. I told him I never want to make the trip again unless we're taking my fossil fuel car with interior heating. He tells me the 2nd one he has is vastly better in many ways.

No heating? Come on. I'd stop for a charge if necessary. I had a Caterham 7 with no heater but that's part of the game there. More recently I had the blower pack up on my car, there was heating but only a dribble of warm air. That went to the repair shop very quickly. If I want to be cold in a car I'll buy a 60s Landrover or another C7, at least then I'll have fun.

advertisement

Back