advertisement

Ever wondered why recent BMWs look so unspeakably awful*?

Don't recall anyone ever complaining about these:

1200px-Porsche_911_2.0_Coupe_IMG_0819.jpg
The only Porsche worth looking at twice has Saga in it.

These still look great. A nice update on my E91 which I think are ageing really well too. Current 3 just looks droopy at the front and over styled everywhere else.
The best looking 3-series, to me, is still the E46. I wish I could have afforded one back in its day. Like you, I really do not like unnecessary aesthetics. The front-end of the new 4-series will take a bit of getting used to.

yeah - it looks like when the pizza was baked, as they removed it - the bottom of the mozzarella front splitter/bumper stuck to the tray, but they pulled it up, off & away anyway.
Hideous, to the point of hilarious; nevermind, I won't be buying one.

The best looking 3-series, to me, is still the E46. I wish I could have afforded one back in its day. Like you, I really do not like unnecessary aesthetics. The front-end of the new 4-series will take a bit of getting used to.

I saw a 4 series few weeks ago - the grill was all Black to try and hide it. The rest of the car doesn’t look too bad but the design just looks like it’s trying too hard.

03G5igTwnX-c2Qryc5SHgQLow
It’s nice to have different looking cars. For a while there they all pretty much looked the same.

I don't buy the 'we must have these hideous grilles because of the Chinese market bla bla' as I'm quite sure vehicles like this isn't exported to the far east:

2021_RAM_3500_Regular_Cab.jpg

Ever wondered why recent BMWs look so unspeakably awful*?

Erm, because they're starting to look like their typical owner/lessor? I'll get my coat...

I don't buy the 'we must have these hideous grilles because of the Chinese market bla bla' as I'm quite sure vehicles like this isn't exported to the far east:

2021_RAM_3500_Regular_Cab.jpg

I think the idea is to turn the entire face of the vehicle into a rolling logo.

US pickup trucks have been in a race for the biggest/ugliest grilles for a couple of decades. Originally Dodge started it with the idea to make them look "like a big rig", but the big/ugly/severe grille competition took on a life of its own.

Grille-less and green :)

May be a long-term keeper.... and definitely a prettier face than the latest BMWs...

advertisement

Back