advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Raducanu about to start her semi against British no 1 and defending champ Katie Boulter after the rain delay. Jabeur vs Pliskova needs to conclude first it's resuming at 6-7 (8-10), 5-6... She had a bye in the quarters this morning.

1 set each. Pliskova really struggling for rhythm after the break but remarkably she broke in the first game set 3.

Absolutely nothing between these two. 6-6 12-12 in the tie break...

Raducanu takes it 15-13. She's slipped twice, once badly, it's getting very wet under foot and they might stop. Yes, that's it for today...

Boulter is playing well and raducanu looks like she is struggling with something, probably the damp. tight first set, tomorrow is forecast dry and sunny, suspect it won’t go to a third.

Nothing between them really, though I think Boulter seemed to be just a little quicker to the ball, than Emma,but good match so far

They're starting with the other semi (11am) Karolina Pliskova v Diane Parry then resuming the match. The final will have to be later today too...

Raducanu has turned down an Olympic wildcard for this summer's Olympics... that seems a bit short-sighted to me, but I guess she knows more than I do :D

Raducanu has turned down an Olympic wildcard for this summer's Olympics... that seems a bit short-sighted to me, but I guess she knows more than I do :D
I suspect she has her recovery programme well planned out. She skipped the French Open too...

These two knocking lumps out of each other. A looonng first set to Parry 7:6 (11:9) They'll be dead on their feet later...

Parry fading. Pliskova 6:1

Parry coming back in the third 2:0 parhaps? Nah Pliskova 6:4

Last edited:
Just restarted... ERad's knee is strapped after that slip yesterday!

Boulter's looking really fluid, serving and returning beautifully goes a break up 4:3 and the 2nd set 6:3. She looking much improved on when I've seen her previously.

Boulter's got enough to test the top seeds at Wimbledon by the look of things, potentially at least.
Boulter 6:4

Emma will be happy with her progress I think.

Last edited:
And Katie Boulter beat Pliskova in the final 4-6, 6-3 6-2. Pliskova faded in her 6th set of the day! Birmingham this week but no ER. Eastbourne begins on Saturday 22nd.

advertisement

Back