advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Paolini vs Kasatkina is really absorbing stuff. Third set 2-2 at the moment

Kasatkina 6-3. She plays Fernadez in the final. This was the tough side of the draw but let's see what Layla can do...

Billie Harris met his match with an Aussie opponent with a similar game; Think he's happy with his progress from Transit van to hotel though. Seems he's earnt more this month than in the whole of his pro. career since 2016. 19 Brit. singles players at Wimbles plus others in doubles; good showing !

What actually happened to Raducanu.

She was on the verge of winning Wimbledon some years back then needed to drop out siting mental health issues, which is very sad, but then went on to win the US open while almost immediately sacking her coach. I have heard nothing since of her winning any tournament.

She was on the verge of winning Wimbledon some years back then needed to drop out siting mental health issues, which is very sad, but then went on to win the US open while almost immediately sacking her coach. I have heard nothing since of her winning any tournament.
A series of injuries and then significant surgeries last year. She's building her way back this season, a little carefully. She had her first win against a top ten opponent this week so it's looking fairly promising. She's got a pretty tough draw at Wimbledon first up though...

What actually happened to Raducanu.

Laid off for a year with injury. On the comeback trail, mixed results so far this term, but has beaten Garcia and world number 5 J Puguila
a few days ago. So fans are hopeful for Wimbledon and rest of year

She reached the last 16 of Wimbledon, rather than nearly win it ! But still outstanding for an 18 year old in only her 3rd event... I think

She reached the last 16 of Wimbledon, rather than nearly win it ! But still outstanding for an 18 year old in only her 3rd event... I think
It looked at the time & widely suggested that she had the skills that particular year to go & win it & this was proven a correct assumption when she won the US open a short while later, where she was superb in the final, i remember watching it. It's such a shame about the injuries, though she is young & can maybe get back to where she was.

Still puzzled why she sacked her coach after winning the US open, seems a very odd thing to do.

advertisement

Back