advertisement

Early October beach holiday

Canary Islands, Tenerife is a safe bet just be careful which resort you go to.

I really like Lanzarote but it can be windy.

I would be very wary about going abroad though but the choice is yours to make.

Gran Canaria or Tenerife are reliably warm in October, if all you want to do is laze in the sun. Good places available on airbnb if you can do self-catering, own pool, barbecue, no shortage of restaurants etc. Some fantastic dry & dusty scenery if you rent a car, and the capital cities of each island have some places of interest e.g. Christopher Columbus House and the Cathedral in Las Palmas.

But yep, I wouldn't take the risk on booking anything now as lockdown and quarantine look to be very unpredictable.

Re Tenerife and the Canary Isles, I have been to Tenerife twice, Madeira once, rained on every holiday.

Tenerife is lovely and a lot of variety. However the north can be cloudy and the south was a bit too much beer and chips when I was last there (admittedly 25 yrs ago).

How about Florida ? :eek:

I've spent £5K 15 years ago for a week in Sorrento, weather still decent in October

I've spent £5K 15 years ago for a week in Sorrento, weather still decent in October
The west side of Italy can get a bit damp in October. I've been to Calabria a few times in autumn, it's nice but you will get some rain. I might be tempted to explore Puglia, that coast is drier.

boring though

Not the North. Beautiful and very varied but no use for Richard as Sean99 advises you get cloud and rain at times. But we love it for all the walking and hiking options. I think Richard is going for plunge pool and sun so really that can be anywhere.

advertisement

Back