advertisement

Dispute with Amazon

It's good advice that Matthew chooses to avoid.

(but I would pop down to the local nick and add that last, teeny, weeny little bit of input that Amazon has asked for........)

Of all the people I have spoken to about this, including two solicitors and a barrister, literally the only people who think I should do anything other than treat Amazon's ridiculous suggestion regarding the police with contempt are you and Amazon.

Everyone else has said 1) speak to your bank 2) if that doesn't work make a money claim via the courts.

Mykel, Matthew. Have you considered setting up an optimised web-site with forum, "have you been scammed by Amazon?", web-optimised, and an income stream from Google-ads for Amazon?

and if you registered and qualified each genuine complaint from your users, you increment the site value. Value = (total value of confirmed complaints x 2)+ setup and operating costs. When Amazon buys the site, that's your price. You reimburse the verified complainants. Simple!

Of all the people I have spoken to about this, including two solicitors and a barrister, literally the only people who think I should do anything other than treat Amazon's ridiculous suggestion regarding the police with contempt are you and Amazon.

Everyone else has said 1) speak to your bank 2) if that doesn't work make a money claim via the courts.

I presume that by now you have followed the advice of everyone else.............and your bank has said.........?

We had something due from Amazon yesterday. Only a plug costing £6.99, but it never arrived. When I look on the tracking info it says 'handed to resident Michael' at 13.15 yesterday by Amazon Logistics. It feckin' wasn't.
I looked on Amazon's FAQ and under the section about 'my order was apparently delivered but I didn't receive it' the information says to contact the carrier to find out where the item is!
Bloody cheek! It's down to Amazon not me. Going to request a refund and try to find some address to write to at the same time.

Mick

In fairness the item has now turned up. It was delivered next door instead, although there's no-one called Michael there...

Mick

I've done hundreds of tranactions with Amazon and the only problem I have had was with 3rd party sellers but it was quickly resolved. Good luck as it can be head banging, was going to say frustrating.

We had something due from Amazon yesterday. Only a plug costing £6.99, but it never arrived. When I look on the tracking info it says 'handed to resident Michael' at 13.15 yesterday by Amazon Logistics. It feckin' wasn't.
I looked on Amazon's FAQ and under the section about 'my order was apparently delivered but I didn't receive it' the information says to contact the carrier to find out where the item is!
Bloody cheek! It's down to Amazon not me. Going to request a refund and try to find some address to write to at the same time.

Mick

I've unfortunately had this a few times, like you, nothing expensive

But it's still a ball-ache and sniffs of fraudulent activities to me (signing for items that aren't actually delivered etc)

I've always managed to get a refund though!

But, other than that (andf sometimes the delivery drivers bothering my neighbours when it clearly states 'leave in greenhouse', I've had no issues with Amazon and they're my main online shop!

Are the delivery men for amazon just white van man part timers, similar to the joke that is Yodel?

I hasten to add touch wood I've had no issues with Amazon, apart from when it says free delivery and then they charge a fee, even though I've scoured to see if there are any constraints on this offer.

Are the delivery men for amazon just white van man part timers, similar to the joke that is Yodel?

It's changed recently with different delivery people every time, mostly in unmarked white vans. Some are great, some come at strange times (10:30pm anyone) and I've had a woman and her kids delivering parcels too.

The positive change for me is that they usually come in the early evening and often leave with neighbours when I'm out. And they are mostly from the EU too, so not sure what Amazon will do when we leave.

Stephen

And they are mostly from the EU too, so not sure what Amazon will do when we leave.

Stephen

Just keep looking upwards or you might end up having an unexpected hospital visit

amazon-drones-may-be-able-to-intercommunicate-and-access-your-location.jpg

I thought so Stephen thanks. Last buy we did was delivered on Friday by a man in tatty white van, very pleasant guy and no issues with product.

Weirdest thing was it was one of those B&D Alligators (fantastic little bit of kit by the way), Alligator was in its own sturdy box and really only needed to go in a postal bag.

However Amazon deemed it fit to stick it in a box the size of a small town house and put a rain forests worth of crumpled brown paper inside to pack it tight, I kid you not it was simply humongous, why FFS?

I thought so Stephen thanks. Last buy we did was delivered on Friday by a man in tatty white van, very pleasant guy and no issues with product.

Weirdest thing was it was one of those B&D Alligators (fantastic little bit of kit by the way), Alligator was in its own sturdy box and really only needed to go in a postal bag.

However Amazon deemed it fit to stick it in a box the size of a small town house and put a rain forests worth of crumpled brown paper inside to pack it tight, I kid you not it was simply humongous, why FFS?

talking of Hugh Mungous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ImSupXt3g

I once got 25 LP poly inserts in this ...

IMG_0770_zpsckyfpimr.jpg

Stephen

advertisement

Back