advertisement

Disgusting Kelloggs

I do like to eat a healthy breakfast and usually an Oat based cereal. So, with eager anticipation I bought a pack of Kelloggs Special-K multi grain porridge.

Apparently it is a "delicious NEW multi-grain porridge made with oats, rye and barley". The contents states "whole oats". I was expecting a substantial bowlful of whole grain oats and barley with texture and body as pictured on the front and rear of the packet.

The reality is half a small bowl of grey/green slime with a slight chemical flavour. It is absolutely disgusting and nothing at all like the Flahavans organic jumbo oats I usually enjoy. I was, from the pics and description, expecting similar with the addition of barley and rye.

I went to the Kelloggs website to complain but after entering all the required info, the message wasn't sent because 'the administrator was not on line. So, I phoned the 0800 complaints line to be met with total disregard. I was told " lots of people enjoy the product" and it was "just my taste". I asked what do I do and was told that I could "throw it away" and that they wouldn't issue a refund.

I really expected better of Kelloggs.
I can't think why.

Their products should be taxed at a higher rate than fags imo. :D

My children, all now in their 20s, used to wonder what I had against Kelloggs.
I used to tell them that Kelloggs were evil. That they made high carb cereals which should never be eaten for breakfast and that Kelloggs had brain-washed the world into thinking that their crap should be on every breakfast table.
Perhaps a little OTT but nevertheless true to a degree.
Avoid!

Simon

Yep, I think you are right on Simon. To me they are in the same realm is McShizens (my name for McDs).

972BF026-3A36-475C-A800-C7A89F5EEB78_zpspmk563mo.png
[/URL][/IMG]

My favourite

A proper cereal should taste nice which rules out all Muesli. You can't beat Sugar Puffs and Rice Crispies. If I am in a more healthy mood I eat Weetabix or Shredded Wheat with loads of sugar.

yeah, no worries... I make a bacth of a sunday evening and make 5 balls :)

about 350gr of rolled oats
6 scoops of protein powder (I tend to use chocolate flavour)
3 heaped table spoons of ground flax seeds
5 teaspoons of cinnamon
and mix all that together
then I add in - mixed fruit like cranberrys, walnut pieces, desicated coconut, dried fruit like raisins, tropical fruits etc (tho, I tend to mix and match and buy what's on offer etc), dark choc chips -each one is about a palm full...and 5 pieces of cut up crystalized ginger..!
mix these in too...
then I add a couple of table spoons (well, some times upto 4) of honey - as this helps to bind it together...

then I add a 250ml (you can buy packs of 3 for about 1.20) of alpro soy milk - normally choc flavour then mix it all together - and if you get the consistency right you will have a big ball of stickyness... I divide them to 5 and put themmin a foil tray - then pour some oats into the bowl and roll ball in so that they go smooth and are covered in oats...

I then put them back in the foil tray and place in a carrier bacg and in the fridge... and they're good for a week - tho, they are better on the money than the friday... ! but fine for me :) and I have one around 9am - asnd lasts me until lunch at 1pm...

you can also search on youtube for protein bars as there are different variations... :)

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to give this a try.

Which protein powder do you use, I ask as they differ quite a lot in taste.

My children, all now in their 20s, used to wonder what I had against Kelloggs.
I used to tell them that Kelloggs were evil. That they made high carb cereals which should never be eaten for breakfast and that Kelloggs had brain-washed the world into thinking that their crap should be on every breakfast table.
Perhaps a little OTT but nevertheless true to a degree.
Avoid!

Simon

Remarkable ( or rather not, given the marketing budget) how breakfast has become synonymous with processed cereal.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to give this a try.

Which protein powder do you use, I ask as they differ quite a lot in taste.

nice one - well, currently I use myproteins whey protein - and just now I'm using the diet version as it was on offer...choc flabour :)

watch a few videos on yotube too - as they give an insight of what's what - but I've been doing my version (or variations of) for a few years now...

nice one - well, currently I use myproteins whey protein - and just now I'm using the diet version as it was on offer...choc flabour :)

watch a few videos on yotube too - as they give an insight of what's what - but I've been doing my version (or variations of) for a few years now...

I tried the Impact & Strength Whey Protein in chocolate a few months ago mixed with milk but it didn't agree with me at all. My stomach swelled and and my 'waste' products absolutely stank! Worst of all, i didn't see any muscle development either during my cross fit training routine that i normally do around 3-4 times a week depending on work.

I'll stick with eating plenty of fish & chicken or try another protein product if you can recommend one?

I tried the Impact & Strength Whey Protein in chocolate a few months ago mixed with milk but it didn't agree with me at all. My stomach swelled and and my 'waste' products absolutely stank! Worst of all, i didn't see any muscle development either during my cross fit training routine that i normally do around 3-4 times a week depending on work.

I'll stick with eating plenty of fish & chicken or try another protein product if you can recommend one?

well, protein powders are only a supplement - and I try to get my main source via meats etc... and gains (especially depending on your body type) can takea ages too... just as long as you're heading in the right direct (i.e. getting stronger)

well, protein powders are only a supplement - and I try to get my main source via meats etc... and gains (especially depending on your body type) can takea ages too... just as long as you're heading in the right direct (i.e. getting stronger)

I only started last year so made good progress up until i pulled some tendons in my elbow last July (tennis elbow?) which took an age sort, finally clearing up a month ago. At 46, i don't heal as fast as i used to! But yeah, i've been lifting heavier but the number of reps we do means you'll never be doing silly weights. It's a good mix of cardio and strength.

Video here gives you an idea of what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M

Plus your trainer constantly yells at us in the class when we try & recover so i get shouted at all the time. :D

Easily the hardest exercise i've done but it's a great feeling when you've finished your workout.

Sorry for going off topic, i'll leave it there.

Cheers,

Rack.

I only started last year so made good progress up until i pulled some tendons in my elbow last July (tennis elbow?) which took an age sort, finally clearing up a month ago. At 46, i don't heal as fast as i used to! But yeah, i've been lifting heavier but the number of reps we do means you'll never be doing silly weights. It's a good mix of cardio and strength.

Video here gives you an idea of what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M

Plus your trainer constantly yells at us in the class when we try & recover so i get shouted at all the time. :D

Easily the hardest exercise i've done but it's a great feeling when you've finished your workout.

Sorry for going off topic, i'll leave it there.

Cheers,

Rack.

no worries - I'm 45 this year :) and do kettlebells (tho, slightly injured my upperback) and bootcamps (in the summer) - and that involves lots of burpees, pullups, snatches, etc, etc... great fun :)

advertisement

Back