advertisement

De-Naimification Complete!! I Feel Cleansed...or do I?

Yes, these threads are educational as well as entertaining. I certainly take heed of others' experiences, which may be why I haven't been wrong-footed in choices of kit.

It's also a sotto voce tribute to Naim; whatever one's p.o.v., it's an enduring and universally recognised marque. I certainly don't regret my 30 year passage, but I'm bloody glad it's behind me as I've now found that dimension that I've probably always been hoping for, just to see me out (he says, tongue in cheek).:D

De-Vitusisation? Doesn't even sound right ! Just another band wagon but without separate power supplies. I would like to hear of top Vitus against Statements, though. Now there's a contest.

Agree, NAIM has been brilliant to me, but for me it is time to move on/sideways perhaps, and I've had the NDS and given it a really good go.

Test would be Statement v Vitus v Tidal.

I have to say the Vitus has such a different signature and staging as to be not so much Vitus v NAIM but their differing delivery styles IMHumbleO.

I'm for now preferring the way the Vitus works, not better, not worse, just so very very different, that is the choice as both technically are brilliant audio makers.

Presentation, signature, emphasis, style of delivery, what emotion drives you to listen to each supplier and what you want retrieved from your music and how it is rendered for your own tastes, thats what I am taking from this recent home demo :)

Non-Non-Naim-Thread Starter Kit:

no longer a big Spendor
dwind-Linn
Pro-jectile vomit
speakers i'm Tannoyed with
Technics-al knockout
Kiseki me goodbye
Heed my warning
like a Lamm to the slaughter
like a Moth to the flame
i don't want you, Nordost anyone else
up shit Creek
ebola Cyrus
Hifiman, go away
cutting the Chord
Quad is dead

Better the devialet you know than the devialet you don't.

I sold the last of my Naim equipment eighteen months ago, simply because I found better replay from other great makers that cost less.

I first had a Naim set-up about year 2000, being a Nait 3, and CD 3.5.

I went up the hierarchy a bit and came back down a bit!

I listen to almost all classical music, and so perhaps my chosen new equipment being perhaps more suitable should be no surprise.

MAC Mini [AIFF in iTunes], Audiolab MDAC, Quad II Forty, !957 made ESL.

I might well smile at the marketing slogan, “The closest approach ...” But I find this set is closer to realistic than anything else I have come across, and yes it is a mono system! Just the one speaker and power amp.

Best wishes from George J

advertisement

Back