advertisement

Cricket - The Ashes 2019

Mmm perhaps. 350 looks very different to 280. If the last two wickets can yield 50+ runs then it’s game on.

And, as I’ve said before, Curran is a game changer - especially if the ball is swinging(which it did today).

Thought Stokes and Root looked exhausted before facing a ball , total was better than I expected so fair performance , however unless we can get Smith out we have no chance

Yes I too noticed a difference in the demeanour of Root today.

I didn’t think it was fatigue....more like a man who is resigned to his fate....or perhaps of someone who has had the burden of responsibility removed from his shoulders".........even when he was nearly out and then finally out, I thought his body language looked odd.

Ray

Has anyone mentioned David Gower on this thread?
I think he an excellent, eloquent, and not run of the mill commentator, yet Sky are getting rid of him at the end of the series, whereas Botham, a great player but fairly mono syllabic, is continuing.
That other moron Flintoff is ok for 20-20, but let’s retain a bit of class for proper cricket.

I think he an excellent, eloquent, and not run of the mill commentator, yet Sky are getting rid of him at the end of the series, whereas Botham, a great player but fairly mono syllabic, is continuing.
That other moron Flintoff is ok for 20-20, but let’s retain a bit of class for proper cricket.

I agree. I think he's excellent in that chair of proceedings role.

Didn't realise that. Is there anything behind it? Gower just sacked? Botham, great player he might have been, would never have got a presenting job on merit.

Didn't realise that. Is there anything behind it? Gower just sacked? Botham, great player he might have been, would never have got a presenting job on merit.

He's not having his contract renewed, he felt the need to 'go public' before the series. They'll be wanting to 'freshen up' or 'modernise' the Sky team, but nothing's come out as far as I'm aware.

advertisement

Back