advertisement

Cricket 2024

Vaughan saying 275-300 is par.. just woken up, forgot the match started today. So what do we think 275-300? Seems like pitch is playing a few tricks, just from the -look- of it, & pace is slow. As to England's runrate 3rd session 3.4 or so, are we having a proper old school Test instead of a bazball barmy farmy?

Capt

Root 100 in 226 balls. Saved us from 112-5. And from that point on, a U-turn on the bazball mentality it seems with that crucial old school Root century, & we're back in a great position as a result.. especially if we can stretch it to 350.

Must waych 1st session tomorrow. Great stuff. Interesting test this should be.

Capt

Well I'm glad I slept in until 10:15 & missed that dire day. 200 would've been minimum to defend. Daft bazball 2 last wkts that I saw: both reverse sweeps by lower orders to world class spinners in this dire situation- is pathetic attacking brainlessness. Abysmal batting. An abysmal wicket too, but trouble for me is Creepy got 60.. so it's perfectly possible to bat on it then.

On a different note: one thing that really irritates about 'modern cricket': batsmen has become "batters".. but fielders has become "fieldsmen" ! FFS the world's gone mad.

Capt

Well played India. England providing the usual scintilla of hope - just to mess with their fans’ collective psyche - before succumbing to the inevitable.

NZ just bowled aussies out for 169, 2nd inngs (1st Test). Great cricket at Wellington today, good crowd too. But Kiwis need 369 to win & it's swinging, & spinning. Ton of time tho.

Capt

What the hell happened? The wicket looks like a batting track. Wtf? Just woke up.

128-3 apparatly. So let me guess, we did lots of daft idiot shots like reverse sweeps, holing out to long on by no.9 after facing just an over..

I dread to think. I'm just watching the Jaiswal show now. Capt

Jaiswal goes bazball! The petulance of yoof.. always gonna be his only weakness.

I --don't-- like Gill's blue socks. No no & thrice no. He looks like a village no.11 whose just scoffed 3 scones, too much tea, & wandered out 'for a go'. Unadulterated filth.

Capt

advertisement

Back