advertisement

Cricket 2024

Followed by a very poor review. Pitched outside off missing leg and looked like that first up!

Treat Bumrash with caution, & we have a -sniff- I say.

Exciting tho, tucked up in bed with iPad & a hottieB, & Creepy just stroked 2 fours. Well.. who knows..

Cpt

I shall go to bed tonight full of hope, 2 days to chase down another 332 with 9 wickets left!

Come 7am tomorrow, when I get up, I have a feeling my hope might be extinguished!

Bumrah was unplayable in the first innings and there was me thinking it is a spinners paradise!

For a while it looked like England would pull it off again, batting well against what appeared to be a toothless Indian attack but two quick wickets just before lunch seem to have swung the match India’s way.

Win or lose, gotta admire Bazball.

From the moment Gill survived those 2 very close calls and went on to make a century the Cricket Gods were against us.

Can’t help but feel, even at 6 down and still needing 170+, the game could have been won in singles with a little application!
Time wasn’t an issue!

Can’t help but feel, even at 6 down and still needing 170+, the game could have been won in singles with a little application!
Time wasn’t an issue!

Good point. This is where bazball hat needs to come off, & normal Test hat put on. Who'll be watching? The same crowd: in every sport, football especially, there are always dull periods. Thugsby.. has the dull time-consuming scrums & kick-athon two'ing & fro'ing. It doesn't need to be bazball each bloomin over with the bat, does it..

Capt

Quite a few positives for England despite the defeat - Foakes‘ up to the stumps keeping, Andersons line/lengths and majestic Crawley.

Great shame to note that SA have fielded a total B team, for their Test series against NZ. Kept all their As for bishboshball IPL. Hopefully they're the only ones to do this, & I think a political aspect to it. A farce of a 1st Test going on.

Capt

Another AUS - IND final at the U19 World Cup. The two semi-finals were thrillers with the outcomes in doubt until the final overs.

"I keep coming back to the idea that watching this England team is like being the parent of a toddler. Brilliantly entertaining and deeply frustrating, often both at the same time"..

Steven Shemlit, bbc crix correspondent, this morning 6am ish.

Urgh..

advertisement

Back