advertisement

Cricket 2023

I don’t think any of the deliveries to Anderson would qualify. Bouncers are usually classed as chest/shoulder height. Nothing ‘wrong’ with bowling at the body. The age of going easier on the tail enders has long since passed.

The Aussie tail are dangerous.
I do think England bowled too short to them in the first innings. As I said above I don't think they'll be bowling short to Murphy again...he is very capable pulling and did so with alacrity.
They were wondering whether Ali is fit to bowl...he looked alright batting.
Guard of honour for Broad.

My toastie just went cold watching that.

I'm not sure why they're batting to be honest, it seems like a distraction to me. If 370 odd isn't enough then...

England bowling attack not looking good with Wood off and Moen with an injury and pitch seeming to be a bit flat .A draw looking quite likely at this point .
We will certainly miss Broad in the future ,always a consistant wicket taker and mostly had good fitness and the Aussies fear him !

Woakes is 34 now, he'll be going well if he's still there next time round, much as I like him. You can make the same argument around Mark Wood who's much the same age, unless perhaps he does a Lillee or a Hadlee (he probably ought to for his own good really, I think.)

Weather looks pretty good today, possible shower around 3 o'clock but otherwise looks good.
I think Australia will knock off the runs easily, 8 wicket win, the way the pitch is playing.

advertisement

Back