advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

Thumped by the Aussies... I'm sensing a pattern.

…in the final… easy to make excuses, but the AUS team is generationally good. Just go look at the stats. We showed great resolve to come back from 3 defeats, and that should not be diminished in any way IMV.

The women may have lost but Australian batting was excellent and we did make a good effort and posted a score that could have won the game against lesser foes ,unfortunately the Aussies were wearing their rocket shoes and bats

At long, long last. I'm voting for Mo

Be very careful what you wish for. It will take 5-10 years for this team to get anywhere near competitive with the current set up. Just be thankful he's not retired from international cricket yet.

He never really had much of a chance with the batting line up he had.

I hope he can return as the batsman he was and post high scores again.

Good luck for the future Joe Root.

They just couldn't have appointed a new coach for his first task to be to tell Root to pack his bags - it would have soured the future among the squad. Now perhaps there's room to bring back Anderson and Broad for the summer as any new batsmen will need the strongest bowling support while they bed in.

Root resigning is the best call , he can concentrate on batting rather than having to think about winning a test with players not up to it . However it will be very difficult for the new captain as there is little talent that can be drafted into the team ,Anderson must be used as much as possible before they become too old !

If the ECB supported red ball cricket the Test captain might have a chance. This hell for leather chase of white ball cricket with the 100 in preference to even 1 day 50 over matches will be the death of English cricket.

Educate me, how is Rob Key qualified for the top job? Just another ‘good bloke’?
Big fan of Keysy since I saw him in a star studded benefit match. He was commentating whilst fielding and has been an established part of Sky cricket in recent years. Hopefully better than smash me miles.

Big fan of Keysy since I saw him in a star studded benefit match. He was commentating whilst fielding and has been an established part of Sky cricket in recent years. Hopefully better than smash me miles.
‘Keysy’, Giles has been an absolute nadir, far from convinced he has anything to offer. Quite possibly a case of who would take the role?

Not a job anyone would really want at the moment , small pool of suitable players ,talent in short supply and more losses than wins in the offing !

Only 1 test win in 17 matches so there shouldn't be any unreasonable expectations placed on anyone ;) Not to so that there won't be though.

Stokes the new captain , the best and only choice ! just hope it is not too much for him ,hard to keep his talent on track when managing a poor team

advertisement

Back