advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Interesting programme on Amazon Prime documenting the Aussies since Langers took over including the 2019 WC and Ashes series. It made me more fearful for the upcoming tour down under. I have this vision of the aging Broad and Anderson toiling in the midday Sun as Smith makes 500 not out.

Last edited:
Jimmy Anderson on bowling at and indeed dismissing Australia’s Labureaudechange:

"It's like when you see a girl at a club and you try to play it cool. You want her to be impressed. You start dancing to the Stone Roses while your shoes stick to the floor."

Discuss.....

So, it looks like I can go to day three of the test v New Zealand on 12/6/21 - subject to a couple of LFT’s and hopefully trains running...

Tickets confirmed for 12/6. Trains also booked. Masks will be washed and ready...

1 lft to do the day before, and two ‘full’ tests to do one day and five days after.

Weather forecast looks good too!

Yes, strange how they only have 2 tests against the current top test team.

However the India series is an excellent one. The atmosphere at an England India test is excellent...

Home test matches in England are very well supported and nearly always sell out for the first four days. Given the strength of the current and recent NZ teams, I am sure a three or four match series against them would be good box office for our national stadiums such as Edgbaston and Old Trafford.

On a different subject, I see Bancroft admitted the bowlers were in on the ball tampering escapades against SA.

I said this at the time and argued that I also found it difficult to believe they were caught out (pun)whilst doing it for the first time. I suspect they had been at it during the previous Ashes down under. No doubt the truth will come out fully when one of them retires and puts out a book or sells his story to a newspaper.

Bit gutted, really. I’ve said before that Pope is the real deal. He will be, once he gets a decent run in the side.

Burns managed a good batting display and with a bit of luck on his side kept us in the game .Robertson also batting and bowling well but looks like a draw is on the cards

I thought England bowled exceptionally well yesterday evening. That ought to be enough to save the game from here.

Can’t help thinking that NZ would have been more aggressive with the bat last night if McCullum was still the captain.

Proper team though the Black Caps whilst our batters continue to vacillate between looking like a bag of nerves (Pope and Sibbley) and not giving a flying (Crawley and Lawrence) so could yet turn into another batting disaster on an increasingly awkward pitch.

Draw the most likely result barring a major England batting collapse which I wouldn’t rule out. Rain on the third day has saved them.

advertisement

Back