advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a few photo's of the food market were it's thought to have originated , health and safety not clever. As for what you can buy it seems like nothing's off the menu.

Feck me. I bought a tracksuit on Ebay which came from China, tried it on yesterday and it's too small. Initiated a return procedure and then noticed the return address was in Chinese. Today I got a translation and discovered, yes, it came from Wohan. Going straight in the bucket.

Feck me. I bought a tracksuit on Ebay which came from China, tried it on yesterday and it's too small. Initiated a return procedure and then noticed the return address was in Chinese. Today I got a translation and discovered, yes, it came from Wohan. Going straight in the bucket.

That's it - you're doomed, doomed I tell you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyam#1665_plague_outbreak

"The history of the plague in the village began in 1665 when a flea-infested bundle of cloth arrived from London for the local tailor."

I'm afraid you'll just have to be locked in your house for a year under strict quarantine. For the common good of course.

He’s faking it, he just pretending to have the virus so Scotland can get independence.

It’s concerning but wouldn’t worry too much until British health professionals start raising concerns.

been a health professional for over a decade now and seen a fair few things pop up. often hard to ascertain the likelihood of how things would effect the u.k because of the media panic.

remember seeing a large room in 2009 filled to the roof with empty body bags due to planning for the swine flu epidemic that never really hit us and also was aware of plans to have armed guards to protect anti-viral medication, which in the end the medication was proven to not in the slightest be effective, thank god we didn’t need it. Also the Ebola training was fun.

There’s more worrying incredibly antibiotic resistance bugs in London hospitals if you want something to be concerned about.

Q Can the coronavirus be transferred through items bought from Wuhan and posted to UK? - Stefan

A There is no evidence this is a risk. Some diseases - including the coronavirus that causes Sars - can spread through surfaces contaminated by people coughing or sneezing on them.

It has not been shown this new coronavirus can do that. Even if it could, there would still be questions about whether international shipping would be a major problem.

Cold viruses tend to survive less than 24 hours outside the human body.

Thanks for the concerned replies but no need to to be worried my St Christopher medal is in good nick.

They're not telling you this but the virus has mutated into a new form unseen before.

Microsoft-Scam.png

You're not laughing now!

Taking into account the rapidly increasing number of cases, the mortality rate is about 10%, but we don't know if, as often happens with virus infections, many people don't get obvious symptoms and don't get registered as having caught it.
Confirmed case in Singapore now.

Would probably be good for the planet if half of human population is wiped out.

Not really.

We would instantly be back in the Dark ages..literally and figuratively .

You would be fighting tooth and nail to acquire and keep a plot of land upon which you would struggle all year to grow whatever you can to keep yourself alive. If you managed any kind of a surplus you would be able to barter with others for your other requirements.

You certainly wouldn't be on here posting bollocks.:)

Not really.

We would instantly be back in the Dark ages..literally and figuratively
Depends on who it kills, the Spanish Flu mainly hit young adults, so it really affected the economy.
It killed 50 million when the world population was only 1.8 billion.

These days the effect of 200 million deaths of a similar demographic, would be a banking collapse as so many mortgages stopped being paid and a housing glut.

Not really.

We would instantly be back in the Dark ages..literally and figuratively .

You would be fighting tooth and nail to acquire and keep a plot of land upon which you would struggle all year to grow whatever you can to keep yourself alive. If you managed any kind of a surplus you would be able to barter with others for your other requirements.

You certainly wouldn't be on here posting bollocks.:)

I said it would be better for the planet, not human life.

These days the effect of 200 million deaths of a similar demographic, would be a banking collapse .

..... and business collapse so no jobs...no wages...no money to buy things with, pay pensions /benifits with. No one to run the health service /transport/ power.water, sewage .Anarchy in the countryside as people fight over resources . How long before organised gangs of people start fighting for their very existence do you think?

Northern Rock wobbled and this country went into near melt down....a collapse of the banking system would end it..... halve the population virtually overnight and see the fun begin. Half the population would go unburied for a start.

( I would love to see the result in American...halve the population and the remainder would all have twice the guns. ) ( U.S civilians own 393 million guns.)

I see the gutter press are loving this with their prediction of pandemic driven massed painful deaths and the likes. If their gullible readers follow the usual path we can look forward to lots of Brexiteers topping themselves before the virus “gets them”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back