advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
This outbreak may be forgotten in a few months or there could be millions infected. We have 4 potential patients in Scotland already. It sounds scary, but SARS was overcome some years ago. All I can find about dealing with is to isolate patients and prevent it from spreading through transmission. We need to know more about the virus before we can estimate how this will pan out.

Why do these virus things always start in China ? And not somewhere equally crowded like India ?

Not sure, but they reckon it's originated from a snake being illegally sold in a food market. Is this the start of 28 Days Later?

SARS was civet cats
Ebola was bats
Now this one from a snake.

Two whole cities are quarantined in China now.

Whatever it is it’ll be worldwide by now.

With travel restrictions now on 5 cities in China I'm pretty sure there are many more than 17 deaths.

Apparently there are still 120 deaths a year from it...
Good old fashioned plague is a bacterial infection, not a virus. Easier to treat. It's a distant cousin of salmonella and cholera.
Aids came out of monkeys, same route, illegal bushmeat.

BBC reporting 18 dead from "more than 500 confirmed cases" - is 3.6% fatalities, but who knows where this is going...
The press are loving it.

Dammit, I'm due to go to China in a couple of weeks...might hold off booking just now.
And buy some masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back