advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

This is the worst infection I have ever experienced, the joint pain and headaches are debilitating enough but the coughing, sweats and earache are off the scale. My partner is pretty much confined to bed.

These are exactly the symptoms I had, which knocked me for six in Dec 2020; off work for a month, in bed for two weeks. Hopefully the jabs have made things a little less worse for you than it was for me. Get well soon.

I had the joint pain for two days and bouts of night sweats. After that just a streaming nose.
No fever at any point and no loss of smell or taste. I have had four shots in total.
I am in mandatory quarantine until the end of this week

Today we have 354 new cases, 1 death
Cases are creeping up, new variants being bought in from the UK incubator and waning immunity

I had the joint pain for two days and bouts of night sweats. After that just a streaming nose.
No fever at any point and no loss of smell or taste. I have had four shots in total.
I am in mandatory quarantine until the end of this week

Today we have 354 new cases, 1 death
Cases are creeping up, new variants being bought in from the UK incubator and waning immunity

Thanks for the update it's really helpful. I hope you're recovering now.

Bird flu can likely transmit between mammals, UKHSA reveals as it upgrades risk alert
10 bush dogs at a zoo in England have caught and likely died from the H5N1 virus, suggesting some limited transmission between animals

In an upgrade to its risk assessment, the UKHSA says the risk of avian influenza in the UK is Level 3, meaning there is limited mammalian transmission, although this is a low confidence analysis.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/b...een-mammals-ukhsa-upgrades-risk-alert-2241050

Most patients in hospitals and care homes will no longer be tested from April even if they have symptoms, as the Government moves to further hide the on-going impact of covid from public view.

Obviously the doctors will have to work in the dark with suspected cases until they make a decision to test on a case by case basis. This will lead to unnecessary hospital acquired infections.

"Hospital admissions will become increasingly hard to interpret as fewer patients are tested & who gets tests might vary with hospital."

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1641554210591260672/photo/1

Most patients in hospitals and care homes will no longer be tested from April even if they have symptoms, as the Government moves to further hide the on-going impact of covid from public view.

Obviously the doctors will have to work in the dark with suspected cases until they make a decision to test on a case by case basis. This will lead to unnecessary hospital acquired infections.

"Hospital admissions will become increasingly hard to interpret as fewer patients are tested & who gets tests might vary with hospital."

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1641554210591260672/photo/1
For the small cost of a test and a little time to conduct the test and assess the results, this seems like a very bad choice.

...the issues faced by immunocompromised people, with guests Prof Alex Richter & Mark Oakley, session led by Dr Lennard Lee & Dr Stephen Griffin, Dr Helen Salisbury as chair & Prof Christina Pagel on numbers

One way to reduce COVID deaths, don't test

I am -ve two days now and released from my quarantine order tonight

That's the Trump method of dealing with COVID deaths.

My sister-in-law caught COVID last November and had relatively mild symptoms. However she is now suffering a bad bout of long COVID. When she does too much, like walking too far, she has debilitating chest pains. Very worrying. She doesn't have the underying conditions that my wife has either, which just goes to show what a lottery this bastard virus is.

I wish everyone who's posted on this thread with COVID makes a swift recovery.

However she is now suffering a bad bout of long COVID. When she does too much, like walking too far, she has debilitating chest pains.

I don’t wish to alarm you but has she been checked out for clots on her lungs?, one of the folk in my mum’s hillwalking group had covid in January 2022 that laid her up for a few days but she seemingly recovered perfectly ok, it became apparent that something was seriously wrong when she complained of chest pain, breathing issues and then collapsed on a very mild 10 mile hill walk at the start of July 2022 and needed mountain rescue to evacuate her, it was discovered that her lungs were saturated in micro blood clots blocking the aveoli and disrupting the uptake of oxygen into the bloodstream, her oxygen stats were low enough for them to consider airlift from the hill.

Quite alarming for someone who previously ran half marathons as if they were merely a walk to the shops and she is still on blood thinners to this day and suffers from fatigue/muscle aches and pain.

The NHS in England is launching a spring booster vaccine campaign against Covid-19 for people most at risk of serious illness from the disease.

Around five million are eligible, including people aged 75 and over, some people with weakened immune systems, and older residents in care homes.

From Monday, older adults in care homes are expected to begin receiving their vaccines, given by visiting NHS teams.

Other eligible people will be able to receive jabs from mid-April.

Bookings for those appointments will open on Wednesday 5 April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65138237

advertisement

Back