advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

The final ONS Infection Study shows that rates are still rising in three of the four nations. E: Up 13% to 2.7% W: Up 9% to 2.4% NI: (See tweet 4) S: Up 30% to 2.6% Data to 13/3, except in NI

Most concerning is the trend in the 70s, where by the final date the estimate is 4%, or 1 in 25 of that cohort. There's no apparent sign of it slowing, and whilst the last few days are always more unreliable, we won't be able to find out how accurate it is next week.

https://twitter.com/john_actuary/status/1639240865158709248?cxt=HHwWgIC20be44L8tAAAA

https://twitter.com/Dr_D_Robertson/status/1639266233454403588/photo/1

I just got infected on my flight back from the UK on Tuesday/Wednesday
The couple next to me were coughing most of the night.

Two-thirds of UK workers with long Covid have faced unfair treatment, says report
TUC and charity call for better support and legal right to reasonable adjustments at work for sufferers

The report, released on Monday, makes a series of recommendations, including urging the government to designate long Covid as a disability for the purposes of the 2010 Equality Act, to make clear sufferers are entitled to “reasonable adjustments” at work; and to classify Covid-19 as an occupational disease to allow people who contracted it through their job to seek compensation.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...id-two-thirds-workers-unfair-treatment-report

Partner has been very poorly after testing positive on Friday, I felt under the weather too and tested pos yesterday and have just had a night from hell. Christ knows how bad I'd be if I wasn't fully jabbed up(4 th).

and I had been thinking that this wave was declining since we hadn't been seeing reports of infections on here...

The South Korean government on Tuesday passed a revised school health act to improve quality of air and safety at preschools and primary and secondary schools. The revised law was one of five fine dust-related legislations that passed the same day.

The revised law requires the installation of air-cleaning systems and air quality sensors in classrooms and allows the use of state funds to cover the costs. School councils and parents of students are also permitted to attend classroom air quality monitoring sessions, which will be conducted each semester.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20190327000802

The South Korean government on Tuesday passed a revised school health act to improve quality of air and safety at preschools and primary and secondary schools. The revised law was one of five fine dust-related legislations that passed the same day.

The revised law requires the installation of air-cleaning systems and air quality sensors in classrooms and allows the use of state funds to cover the costs. School councils and parents of students are also permitted to attend classroom air quality monitoring sessions, which will be conducted each semester.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20190327000802
Thanks for posting this, it is very good news.

GavReid as you I am sure, well aware, I have been asking for this approach on here for some time now, so it is good to see that another government can see that there is real value in this and has acted accordingly.

The benefits, as I have explained before, are much wider than reducing Covid infection, this approach will reduce the likelihood of any airborne infection being spread, whilst increasing the air quality which will make it easier for pupils to concentrate and learn (I have linked to papers that have researched this before). And in general make school buildings nicer environments to be in.

Just received a message on the COVID-19 app to say it's being closed down on 27th April.
Given the number of people I know who've got or have recently had it, I'd not say that was a wise move. Mind you, the last alerts I got were 5-6 days after the contact anyway, so not a huge amount of use tbh.

Just received a message on the COVID-19 app to say it's being closed down on 27th April.
Given the number of people I know who've got or have recently had it, I'd not say that was a wise move. Mind you, the last alerts I got were 5-6 days after the contact anyway, so not a huge amount of use tbh.

I didn't know it was still a thing until I heard that it was closing! Like all of the measures that have gone, it will be hard to ressurect if things were to take a turn for the worse (covid, avian flu or even something else unknown).

This is the worst infection I have ever experienced, the joint pain and headaches are debilitating enough but the coughing, sweats and earache are off the scale. My partner is pretty much confined to bed.

This is the worst infection I have ever experienced, the joint pain and headaches are debilitating enough but the coughing, sweats and earache are off the scale.

Sorry to hear that. Take it easy and keep an eye on your blood oxygen if you have a pulse oximeter, if not get you'll find one cheaply on ebay. 95% and above is normal - it does vary a bit.

I've just tested positive. Thus far it just feels like a bad cold or mild flu. Hopefully it won't get much worse.

advertisement

Back