advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweet from Sajid Javid:

Full recovery from Covid a week after testing positive. Symptoms were very mild, thanks to amazing vaccines. Please - if you haven’t yet - get your jab, as we learn to live with, rather than cower from, this virus.

So that's where 129000 of us went wrong (with another 20000 or so still to come). We were just scaredy cats and didn’t look this little virus full in the eye and tell it to go away.

What an idiotic, odious little man.

Tweet from Sajid Javid:

Full recovery from Covid a week after testing positive. Symptoms were very mild, thanks to amazing vaccines. Please - if you haven’t yet - get your jab, as we learn to live with, rather than cower from, this virus.

So that's where 129000 of us went wrong (with another 20000 or so still to come). We were just scaredy cats and didn’t look this little virus full in the eye and tell it to go away.

Just came here to post almost exactly this. Like the rest of the cabinet and its leader he is so massively self absorbed that he thinks his "I'm alright Jack" attitude is perfectly OK. However, his comments will generate no more than a few mutterings in their devoted media and a token condemnation from Starmer and then they get to carry on as usual. What a sad society we have become :(

Tweet from Sajid Javid:

It is becoming harder and harder to avoid catching covid, which is scary. The Government’s job is to let capital grow. Hence they must stop people effectively locking themselves down out of terror.

It’s not just his comments I dislike, it’s more the increasing use of Twitter by politicians as a normal means of communication with the electorate. I hate it, who do they think they are, and why anybody would actually follow them is beyond me.

It is becoming harder and harder to avoid catching covid, which is scary. The Government’s job is to let capital grow. Hence they must stop people effectively locking themselves down out of terror.

I beg to differ. The government’s job is to keep the people safe. This lot might add ‘so there are enough serfs to keep us in the manner we expect’…

I beg to differ. The government’s job is to keep the people safe. This lot might add ‘so there are enough serfs to keep us in the manner we expect’…

My point really was that there is a reason why we see this type of discourse from Javid, a discourse which effectively exhorts people to face the danger courageously. It’s not just a thoughtless tweet - his choice of language and his decision to capitalise on his recovery in that way are thought through, the result of careful planning.

The aim is to create a culture in which covid, from now on, is perceived as a minor illness like gastroenteritis - nothing to worry about though occasionally nasty and rarely very serious, and it’s sensible to take some precautions.

And he has this aim because his party has been put into power in order to make capital grow. That’s why the conditions were created to let the tories win the last election.

I doubt there is any strategic thought just ‘the Saj’ boasting about what a tough guy he is and taking the credit for the vaccine. Bastards the lot of them.

It is becoming harder and harder to avoid catching covid, which is scary.

It’s a jack in a box. The more people mix, the more it will spread. The reality is if you want to live what is considered a normal life, you will very likely catch whichever strain of covid is doing the rounds, year in, year out.

It’s a jack in a box. The more people mix, the more it will spread. The reality is if you want to live what is considered a normal life, you will very likely catch whichever strain of covid is doing the rounds, year in, year out.

That’s exactly the point. One word from Javid revealed his pathetic tough man attitude, his lack of knowledge of how Covid and vaccines work and his complete lack of empathy.

On reflection, I shouldn’t be surprised.

All part of the ‘power stance’.

Done with more conviction...

the-stance.jpg

That’s exactly the point. One word from Javid revealed his pathetic tough man attitude, his lack of knowledge of how Covid and vaccines work and his complete lack of empathy.

On reflection, I shouldn’t be surprised.

Yep, I’m ignoring what any politician says (on all sides) and making my own decisions. Too many agendas and ulterior motives.

And notice that no-one is proposing a new conception of a normal life. Everyone is pushing for things to return to essentially how they were before. That is why I think that the COVID crisis will not lead to any sort of metamorphosis in society. The forces of parliamentary capitalism are stronger than the force of the epidemic. It's looking more and more like COVID is pretty minor in the grand scheme of history.

Not great if you're one of the 500,000+ people in the UK with an impaired immune system.

If you have been listening to the Catherine Green and Sarah Gilbert book on radio 4 it was salutary to note that at the time that a key breakthrough on the Oxford vaccine was made Johnson hadn't even bothered to attend a Cobra meeting on COVID and was still breezing about blustering and shaking hands with people. So they deserve precisely no credit.
Interesting to note that the heros in this story are three women: Catherine Green, Sarah Gilbert and Kate Bingham.

In the coffee queue yesterday the 3 people in front of me were socially distancing despite the markers on the floor having been removed, one was not wearing a mask and two were wearing masks but below their noses. All the staff were wearing masks correctly. In the supermarket in the evening I noticed more people were wearing masks below their noses than above and this time it included some of the staff who again all had masks. Is this some kind of show of support for mask wearing but without the inconvenience of actually wearing one? The covid thing seems to be getting a bit surreal as the nonsense grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back