advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another two days booked at the apartment we’re staying at in Kinsale, one minute from the waterfront - just in time for the wet pubs opening on the 21st too

Come on Boris is having a hard time.....have a heart, one to get the violin and onion out for......

"On the personal front, they say, Mr Johnson, 56, is worried and complaining about money. He is still supporting, to different degrees, four out of his six children, has been through an expensive divorce and had his income drop by more than half as a result of fulfilling his lifetime ambition.

As a backbench MP, with his Daily Telegraph column netting him £275,000 and lucrative speaking engagements, he was earning well in excess of £350,000 a year. His prime ministerial salary of about £150,000 might seem perfectly sufficient — but that is not what he actually receives. His use of the flat that he shares with his fiancée, Carrie Symonds, above Number 11 is taxed as a benefit in kind. Any food sent up from the Downing Street kitchen has to be paid for and if they want to have friends to stay at Chequers — Covid restrictions permitting — they receive a bill from the government."

As one friend put it: “Boris, like other prime ministers, is very, very badly served. He doesn’t have a housekeeper — he has a single cleaner and they’re worried about being able to afford a nanny. He’s stuck in the flat and Downing Street is not a nice place to live. It’s not like the Élysée or the White House where you can get away from it all because they’re so big. Even if he or Carrie want to go into the rose garden they have to go through the office.”

Gotta feel sorry for him. Life is one shit sandwich when you are PM - a job you lied, blustered and finally sold your soul to Cummings and Gove to achieve.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...s-face-boris-johnson-gets-the-blues-r9jl63m2q

Come on Boris is having a hard time.....have a heart, one to get the violin and onion out for......

"On the personal front, they say, Mr Johnson, 56, is worried and complaining about money. He is still supporting, to different degrees, four out of his six children, has been through an expensive divorce and had his income drop by more than half as a result of fulfilling his lifetime ambition.

As a backbench MP, with his Daily Telegraph column netting him £275,000 and lucrative speaking engagements, he was earning well in excess of £350,000 a year. His prime ministerial salary of about £150,000 might seem perfectly sufficient — but that is not what he actually receives. His use of the flat that he shares with his fiancée, Carrie Symonds, above Number 11 is taxed as a benefit in kind. Any food sent up from the Downing Street kitchen has to be paid for and if they want to have friends to stay at Chequers — Covid restrictions permitting — they receive a bill from the government."

As one friend put it: “Boris, like other prime ministers, is very, very badly served. He doesn’t have a housekeeper — he has a single cleaner and they’re worried about being able to afford a nanny. He’s stuck in the flat and Downing Street is not a nice place to live. It’s not like the Élysée or the White House where you can get away from it all because they’re so big. Even if he or Carrie want to go into the rose garden they have to go through the office.”

Gotta feel sorry for him. Life is one shit sandwich when you are PM - a job you lied, blustered and finally sold your soul to Cummings and Gove to achieve.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...s-face-boris-johnson-gets-the-blues-r9jl63m2q
Presumably this means he is not supporting 2 of his children to any degree at all?

The Queen knows all about the Johnson ...

Jack

119637450_10158837347988523_4002920446135917356_n.jpg

Probably right, how old are they? Then there is the possible 7th.......he lost count.
If over 18 they wouldn’t be children of course! It would be nice to hear from his estranged wives about his commitment to his offsprings, or if, as you suggest, he can even remember them all

If over 18 they wouldn’t be children of course! It would be nice to hear from his estranged wives about his commitment to his offsprings, or if, as you suggest, he can even remember them all
I have three children.
Aged 34, 32 and 29.

In a legal sense, but they are always your children.
Yes, but I was writing from the context of the quote, which refer to Boris Johnson supporting 4 of his 6 children. Which leaves 2 children unsupported. Unless the 2 are over 18 when his legal obligations might end.

We need a tough punishment for this kind of behaviour. Jail, for example.

BBC link:
'Rule-breaking Bolton pub crawl' saw cases rise
While not disagreeing with the culpability of such individuals, highlighting this behaviour is a distraction from the rather more massive and widespread culpability of this government in spreading disease, lies and corruption.

This government is paying out £100bn to private companies to roll out an Operation Moonshot that is reliant on technology that does not exist.

It is this behaviour, and other examples like it, that should be the focus of everyone’s attention

We need a tough punishment for this kind of behaviour. Jail, for example.

BBC link:
'Rule-breaking Bolton pub crawl' saw cases rise

Kind of supports the point I was trying to make regarding the actions of individuals spreading the virus.

Having said this has this been posted previously (if so my apologies) - https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/09/13/a-way-to-control-covid-19-for-now/

I am not medically qualified but this kind of goes back to start of the pandemic and the 'herd immunity' approach. Keep the elderly and susceptible at home/ protected and let the bulk of the population get on with things............. after all the current methodology clearly isn't working.....

Regards

Richard

Kind of supports the point I was trying to make regarding the actions of individuals spreading the virus.

Having said this has this been posted previously (if so my apologies) - https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/09/13/a-way-to-control-covid-19-for-now/

I am not medically qualified but this kind of goes back to start of the pandemic and the 'herd immunity' approach. Keep the elderly and susceptible at home/ protected and let the bulk of the population get on with things............. after all the current methodology clearly isn't working.....

Regards

Richard
Either they can’t get it to work or they don’t want it to work, and that’s not really down to a dickhead going on a pub crawl.

The herd immunity strategy, by their own calculations, was going to cost, what, 400 thousand lives? The exact number escapes me.

I’m interested in how people justify that, and in the role that blaming the public plays - they definitely seem to go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back