advertisement

Coronavirus: Pubs 'may need to shut' to allow schools to reopen

Three of my grandchildren all 10 years and below will be going to school soon. Has anyone heard anything of the risks to me and my wife who see them at least twice a week on average at close quarters. I am wondering if we should stop seeing them. (we are in our late 60’s). Most of the advice I have seen concerns only the children, school workers and parents.

Since you ask for advice mine is that you do not see them until the results of these vaccine trials are known by November. Then make your decision.

What I would say is that for every report that kids don't transmit it well there is another that says they do.

I think that's misleading. It's isn't the case that for every report that younger kids -- say under 10s -- don't transmit it there is another that says they do.

Three of my grandchildren all 10 years and below will be going to school soon. Has anyone heard anything of the risks to me and my wife who see them at least twice a week on average at close quarters. I am wondering if we should stop seeing them. (we are in our late 60’s). Most of the advice I have seen concerns only the children, school workers and parents.

If I were you I'd ask your GP. He knows your medical history so will have an informed understanding of the risks you'd be running.

I think that's misleading. It's isn't the case that for every report that younger kids -- say under 10s -- don't transmit it there is another that says they do.

As far as I am concerned kids are 16 or younger and a quick Google will reveal that I am pretty much right, but also there is a heck of a lot scientists don't understand yet too. I'm not trying to be confrontational but you are really placing too much reliance on politically driven statements and not looking at the whole gamut of science on the matter. Currently I would say the best estimate of whether kids can transmit the virus is a definite yes, but we don't yet know how much they can or do and how that relates to being in school, with lots of other kids etc. and what the ratios are like in comparison to adults.

One minute you are on here telling us you want to learn all about covid 19 and the next you are telling us you already know all about it.

'Come October, when the govt. stops paying peoples wages', so people will either go back to work, if they have a job, or face the sack.
More ignorance.
Not addressing my point.
Just posting more bile.
You aren’t Mick P under a nom de plume are you?

More ignorance.
Not addressing my point.
Just posting more bile.
You aren’t Mick P under a nom de plume are you?
Well sir, your point was wrong to begin with, I said " when the furlough ends", you said "people can't go back to work when they're furloughed". So, my point was come October, when the govt., if they don't pull another U turn that is, end the furlough, a lot of people will have to go back to work or face loss of wages, let's see how their priorities change then. The saying that the cure is worse than the disease has never been more apposite!

Well sir, your point was wrong to begin with, I said " when the furlough ends", you said "people can't go back to work when they're furloughed". So, my point was come October, when the govt., if they don't pull another U turn that is, end the furlough, a lot of people will have to go back to work or face loss of wages, let's see how their priorities change then. The saying that the cure is worse than the disease has never been more apposite!

Depends if you die or not. You obviously feel lucky.

Your foul view of human nature says all I need to know about you.
Yet again you spout bull shit.
What are these so called priorities that people have who cannot work even if they want to?
My daughter phoned us last night, greatly excited to tell us that at last she can return to work next Monday as her furlough comes to an end. No more constant worry that she might get the redundancy phone call that so many others have received, just relief that she can get back to work. All her friends and colleagues feel the same.
You must know lots of people with other priorities to have such sour views.
Or maybe you are just a misanthrope.

We'll see how peoples priorities change once the govt. takes away the furlough.
Not my experience during these trying times. Maybe you have experienced different but folk around my way have been climbing the walls to get back to work & indeed many who can't have been offering their services free, helping the needy.

Your foul view of human nature says all I need to know about you.
Yet again you spout bull shit.
What are these so called priorities that people have who cannot work even if they want to?
My daughter phoned us last night, greatly excited to tell us that at last she can return to work next Monday as her furlough comes to an end. No more constant worry that she might get the redundancy phone call that so many others have received, just relief that she can get back to work. All her friends and colleagues feel the same.
You must know lots of people with other priorities to have such sour views.
Or maybe you are just a misanthrope.

FYI Bob since the 1st of July you could be furloughed and work part time, or as many hours as your employer needs you so long as it isn't full time, it's not been either or for a while now.

advertisement

Back