advertisement

Corbyn at it again over Iran blowing up Oil tankers

I'm sorry but the "three years" is just a massive tell. Trust me, this is not the timeframe that Corbyn and his supporters are working with. You are moving in a completely different reality to theirs and this is why everything seems so puzzling.

Also, Drood didn't "contend" that a very soft Brexit would not wreck the country: that is the consensus amongst economists.
I’m not denying the ‘tell’ but how does it invalidate the point? Yes, I’m puzzled, but if nobody will explain the higher reality, don’t blame me for acting out of puzzlement.

‘Drood contends’ was shorthand; again, by taking up the semantic point, you’ve ducked the substantive one.

Smoke and mirrors, sometimes it feels like it’s all you’ve got. Sorry Sean.

Two points.

1 You seem to be referring to the SNP call for an investigation of Blair to be held to account for allegedly misleading parliament over the Iraq war. That was the one that Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott didn't even bother to turn up to vote on. What does that tell you?

2 If you are not a pacifist does that make you a warmonger?
I'm referring to the voting records of those you deem 'moderate' re war, and yes, proposed investigations into the Iraq war.

I presume Corbyn et Al didn't turn up because they knew their votes would be wasted.

To answer your second question, no.

I'm not a pacifist. But then I disagree with wars of aggression, not wars of defence.

The UK, blindly following the US Neocon agenda has been involved in far too many of the former.

I'm sorry but the "three years" is just a massive tell. Trust me, this is not the timeframe that Corbyn and his supporters are working with. You are moving in a completely different reality to theirs and this is why everything seems so puzzling.

Also, Drood didn't "contend" that a very soft Brexit would not wreck the country: that is the consensus amongst economists.

It's not even three years for some. For example Jack here was delighted with the way Labour and specifically Corbyn were dealing with Brexit only last spring.

What a difference a year makes....

I’m not denying the ‘tell’ but how does it invalidate the point? Yes, I’m puzzled, but if nobody will explain the higher reality, don’t blame me for acting out of puzzlement.

‘Drood contends’ was shorthand; again, by taking up the semantic point, you’ve ducked the substantive one.

Smoke and mirrors, sometimes it feels like it’s all you’ve got. Sorry Sean.
OK, semantics. How does this sound? "Even if you accept Sue's contention that no deal will be more damaging than many claim..."

Words matter: there is a big difference between soft Brexit and no deal Brexit and that is not some weird lefty claim, it's the consensus amongst people who haven't scooped out their own brains and flung them at Corbyn.

As for the point: the issues with which Corbyn is preoccupied did not just fall out of the sky 3 years ago. The point is that some people have other priorities than you and that's why, for them, differences like those between Tory and Labour, no deal Brexit and soft Brexit, do actually matter. They're not going to say "Sod it, let's just call the whole thing off!" because they take seriously the risk that that would make no deal + Tories more likely.

American drone shot down, this could get ugly.

Yep, can’t see the Americans let whichever missile battery was responsible go unpunished and what happens then is any ones guess. Unfortunately for the Americans, Israel has been hitting hezbolla in Syria which has given them lots of opportunities to get information on tactics and countermeasures.

Well sure, why wouldn't you? To you they're the same.
Strictly Brexit though. Two cheeks of the same rear end, doing a Paso Doble for the delectation of xenophobes and British Empire nostalgists. Eventually both go flat on their face over the shared hand bag. Who’ll be first?

American drone shot down, this could get ugly.
Though not as ugly for us had ex fireplace salesman, Gavin Williams not been sacked. Iran would have sunk a couple of his ships already. They are well versed in asymmetric anti shipping tactics, especially in defending their own territorial waters.

Strictly Brexit though. Two cheeks of the same rear end, doing a Paso Doble for the delectation of xenophobes and British Empire nostalgists. Eventually both go flat on their face over the shared hand bag. Who’ll be first?
The racists or the anti-racists, the demagogues or the democrats, the corporate tax cutters or the redistributors, the asset strippers or the investors? What difference can it possibly make, when both have [sobs] insulted the 12 Golden Stars?

Totally predictable. USA preparing ground for war. I wouldn't believe a word from a Trump led USA: those days are long gone. Why don't USA just get out of there ?

and very concerning in the context of Trump's 'new' nuclear weapons policy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/19/nuclear-weapons-pentagon-us-military-doctrine

I think I should also touch on the illegality of ongoing UK arms sales to Trumps allies in Saudi while I'm here

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...udi-arabia-for-use-in-yemen-declared-unlawful

I'm referring to the voting records of those you deem 'moderate' re war, and yes, proposed investigations into the Iraq war.

I presume Corbyn et Al didn't turn up because they knew their votes would be wasted.

Well, that just goes to show why referring to voting records can be misleading. The world is more complex than dreamed of in your philosophy Max.

OK, semantics. How does this sound? "people who haven't scooped out their own brains and flung them at Corbyn.
As they know he would make zero use of them, him not being a brains man and all.

As to the rest...priorities. Has he fixed anything in his career prior to this? No. Why would he now?
Including brexit.
Face it, he's a career politician with all that implies. He was on a nice little number, but was unexpectedly shoved into the limelight.
Some might rise to this.
Some.
But not corbyn.

What difference can it possibly make, when both have [sobs] insulted the 12 Golden Stars?
Or “The 7even Secrets of Unsuccessful Party Leaders” (forward by Len McCluskey). Jeremy’s hit every one on the list and added a few no ones thought of before.

Well, that just goes to show why referring to voting records can be misleading. The world is more complex than dreamed of in your philosophy Max.
Gassor, check out the voting record of those you'd deem 'moderates'. Few will have missed votes on war because they'd have been keen to vote for it, as you'll see.

Real moderates don't vote for wars of aggression, nor do real progressives.

advertisement

Back