advertisement

Computer/Video Games & Gaming

My brother was a diehard PS fan but was holding out for a PS3 till GT5 came out.

As it never will (ha ha) he decided to get a 360 and Forza instead. He doesnt regret it and now loves the whole eco-system and the fact that all his friends have 360s too (including me) and he can now play against us all.

Had he bought a PS3 he would have been Billy no mates.

Things have moved on and other racing games have caught up. GT isnt the only game in town anymore.

If I was Sony I would have taken the developlers of GT5 to court by now.

I never understood the appeal of resident evil

My first games machine was a 48k ZX spectrum (I must of been about 10 years old) with tons of games (mostly bootleg). I then upgraded to a Commodor 64, but got a bit bored of computer games and sold it. I had a brief spell with Street fighter 2 (and some other games that I can't remember) on the SNES and quickly got bored, so sold that too.

Some time later I bought a second hand Playstation for something to do and decided to give Resident Evil 2 a go because I like Zombie films and the game was getting good reviews. I've never been so addicted or immersed in a game. I would forget to eat and sleep and took time off work to play it. Nothing before or since has come close to that game (I did enjoy Crysis quite a lot though)

I thought Resident evil 3 was very good too, and although I quite enjoyed number 4. I was a bit pissed off that they changed the style of the game.

I got totally into Morrowind on the original Xbox.

I would get home from work at 5.10pm, sit down on the carpet with a pack of bourbon biscuits and start playing.

I'd then look up at the clock and it would say 2am!

Then got the follow up on the 360 and just never really got into it.

I'm already a Billy, so it doesn't really matter which one I go for on that front lol.

Any excellent FPS for the PS3?

Call of Duty are all on PS, as are some or possibly all of the Tom Clancy games - rubbish books but great video games. All on Xbox too though - I'm yet to see a PS exclusive which has made me want to buy a PS. Aside from Rub-a-dub of course which is great fun, but definitely not FPS.

Fall out 3 was a bunch of ****ing ****ity crap. Jesus christ fourteen hours of endless drivel only to find three bullets you consequently waste on the first punk looking girl who tries to stab you.

I am not against the genre and actually probably my fav game is stalker call of prypat. Fall out three from the first scene is mind numbingly shit.

I am prepared to put it mostly down to the Xbox controller, coming from a mouse and keyboard the fact was I could not use it an and consequently sold the thing, that being said I had a brief encounter with fall out 3 on the 'puter and it was mind numbingly shit there too.

Strange how opinions differ Garyi. I have an xbox and am a casual gamer....you know the sort that plays everything on easy and isn't bothered about rank or achievement. I found Fallout 3 totally mindblowing and have clocked up way in excess of 100 hours on it. It just sucked me in ad I had to keep going. Never before have I abandoned marking so many kids homeworks in favour of the xbox lol.

I am not against the genre and actually probably my fav game is stalker call of prypat. Fall out three from the first scene is mind numbingly shit.

Which actually makes sense. Essentially you don't like story and stat driven RPG/FPS hybrids but do like hardcore FPS. Ideally You should game on a PC not a console.

The Fallout 3 story is not mind-blowingly good, obviously. The graphics and face animations could have been a lot better. The voice acting is hardly GTA, and it does freeze on the PS3 now and then. But the stat driven, looting and shooting was fun for me - you emerge a weakling who has trouble taking out a couple of raiders in the super-duper mart and end up a plasma rifle wielding killing machine. I quite liked that. Its the same engine, but New Vegas looks like it might extend and improve the formula.

Have just bought left for dead 2 from steam for my MacBook Pro. What I let myself in for?!

Ps it was £5!

How many PFMers have L4D or L4D2? We could possibly setup some some co-op zombie mashing mayhem?

Bearing in mind whenever I play there is a marked increase in friendly fire :)

I am too old to excel at proper fps games so V.A.T.S. will do just fine for me.
Regards age and fps gaming, I'm quite depressed by how much my skillz have dropped over the last 12 months. I can just feel my reaction times slow as I near 40 :-(

How many PFMers have L4D or L4D2? We could possibly setup some some co-op zombie mashing mayhem?

Bearing in mind whenever I play there is a marked increase in friendly fire :)

Would be keen once I find out how it works! Think the standard graphics settings are a little ambitious for my Pro.

Regards age and fps gaming, I'm quite depressed by how much my skillz have dropped over the last 12 months. I can just feel my reaction times slow as I near 40 :-(

This is why I don;t play online much any more. The thought of being humiliated by someone who has not been shaving long and counts Slipknot as his favourite band is too upsetting :)

This is why I don;t play online much any more. The thought of being humiliated by someone who has not been shaving long and counts Slipknot as his favourite band is too upsetting :)
You're absolutely right Matthew. A few years ago I was reasonably competitive amongst the tier below the pros, but these days I really feel like a bumbling old fella with failing eye sight and the reaction times of a well loved Labrador, who the family know has a degenerative brain condition and smells a little ripe.

advertisement

Back