advertisement

Christmas Wine III

@Marchbanks Which Montlandrie did you try and didn't like? I opened some 2010 yesterday and really enjoyed it, I've got three left and don't want to run out. I can buy 2010 cheap, but only a dozen for £210, and I'm worried it'll soon start to decline - one of my 2010 wasn't so nice and I take that as a warning sign. Thinking of 2015. Here's the cheap 2010 I won't buy (unless someone here wants to split the full case, half a dozen each - but transport may be hard.)

Any thoughts about Jaboulet Cornas, Grandes Terrasses 2018? On sale at Majestic.
I didn't think enough of the 2014 for it to get a "buy again" rating. It was from one of my local Majestic stores and was opened in April 2022. But AIUI the 2014 vintage has been described as "inconsistent" so probably this is not a good guide to the 2018 (or another) vintage.

IMG-0382.jpg

Roger Sabon Chateauneuf du Pape blanc, "Renaissance", 2020. It's gorgeous - such finesse, minerality and frangrance - very dry. I think Dogberry found it at a sale at Harvey Nicks or somewhere like that. But I NEED more NOW! Hard to buy in the UK though I found this

Recommendations appreciated for other white Rhônes at this level of elegance, châteauneuf du pape ou non.

Der gehobene Einstieg mit ordentlich Trinkfluss.

Roughly translates as an exceptional wine mit Trinkfluss.
Mbe a tad spritzy and not dry enough.
Anyway I must send the boy to retrieve that Sabon.
TWS have Mont Redon blanc.

Waitrose have 25% off 6 bottles until 2/4/24. I'll be stocking up on Guigal and Musar. Must remember to get there before the shelves empty. At least I've got a car with a proper boot unlike the pesky Ferraris that linfest Battersea Waitrose.

Waitrose have 25% off 6 bottles until 2/4/24. I'll be stocking up on Guigal and Musar. Must remember to get there before the shelves empty. At least I've got a car with a proper boot unlike the pesky Ferraris that linfest Battersea Waitrose.
You'll be lucky to get any Ch Musar... those days may be gone. They don't have any online although Battersea may have a few...

You'll be lucky to get any Ch Musar... those days may be gone. They don't have any online although Battersea may have a few...
Looks like I bought the last 6 bottles! It was advertised as 2017 rather than the 2001 they used to sell. Probably have to keep it a while.....

Best bargain for me is or was Carmenere - £8.50 in Tesco and worth a lot more than that. It's all we've been drinking these days.

Only thing is there wasn't any the last time I looked and it's not on the Tesco website as far as I can see.

advertisement

Back