advertisement

Christmas Wine III

Up a wee notch,still a modest appellation.
But fabulous PN.
If you spot it ,buy.
A wee tune

Last edited:
Those b*stards de Burgh have 20% off brings Le Ronsay to a vaguely acceptable price in time for Yule.

Is this another poor man's Montrachet, I'll let others decide.Certainly a delicious Chardonnay alongside the Tasmanian.

Schloss Lieser Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Kabinett 2018.. Rather lovely at 8.5%. Maybe sweet for some. About £17
Schools Lieser one of my favourites
. Last time I ordered WS was out of stock.

I'm pre-empting once again being nominated as the Christmas wine provider, things being what they are this year I'd like to use nectar points rather than put my hand in my pocket so does anyone have some suggestions from Sainsbury's?

Looking for a red - maybe two, a white and a prosecco. As usual not a clue!
They have excellent special quality Ruby port at Xmas.

My son-in law just handed me a bottle of penfolds bin 28 and a load of French cheese.

I repaired a leaking rad valve for him this afternoon, the wine gets excellent reviews and costs about £30 a bottle :cool:

Meanwhile I had Stephen rustle something up in the
kitchen

If you have not seen Boiling Point (the film) it is truly brilliant - highly recommended. Stephen Graham (and the rest of the cast) is just superb.

I think there is a follow on series just started on the Beeb.

Anyone recommend some cheapish (£5-£15 supermarket fair) red wines to stock up on? Recent lInks above seem to be gone already...

If you have not seen Boiling Point (the film) it is truly brilliant - highly recommended. Stephen Graham (and the rest of the cast) is just superb.

Anyone recommend some cheapish (£5-£15 supermarket fair) red wines to stock up on? Recent lInks above seem to be gone already...

Cune reserva and Cune Crianza (not overly Oaked) are both excellent value for money you can get the reserva for £10 and the crianza for £8.

You've maybe missed the promotions ,might come back before Xmas,if so Guigal,Perrin, Chapoutier Rhone.
If you've got Majestic this is good

There is (or used to be) a Mosel Riesling branded by Tesco (Steep Slopes) for about £10 which I like - it’s very dry. Also a Medoc from Sainsburys (Tour Prignac) for about the same price - I use it for cooking but if there’s any left in the bottle it’s fine to drink - if it’s left to breathe for a day or two - horrid when it’s first opened.

Made a discovery... some red wines taste better drunk from a pewter goblet. Some taste the same or worse.

Anyone with an explanation?

Red wine was drunk out of pewter centuries ago.

Is this another poor man's Montrachet, I'll let others decide.Certainly a delicious Chardonnay alongside the Tasmanian.

Had a Kumeu Hunting Hill 2016 with a fellow wine lover a couple of evenings ago. We agreed it was just perfect.

Had a Kumeu Hunting Hill 2016 with a fellow wine lover a couple of evenings ago. We agreed it was just perfect.
Mm.Hunting hill is oos at TWS as a single bt.
I think I'll get a six pack Village,one Coddington and the Tasmanian.
Can't wait for another Waitrose sale to get some more " Cru"

Mm.Hunting hill is oos at TWS as a single bt.
I think I'll get a six pack Village,one Coddington and the Tasmanian.
Can't wait for another Waitrose sale to get some more " Cru"

I don't think Coddington is worth the extra. IMO get Village and Estate, HH for special occasions.

IMG-0912.jpg

After months of drinking Spanish wine which tastes of cow poo, French wine which tastes of compost, Italian wine which tastes of tobacco, Spanish wine which tastes of the sea and rusty nails, my brain and body craved for something nice and simple. Wine which tastes like wine.

Perrin Ventoux. Here with squid and taboulé. Anthony Rooley playing solo lute music by Michelangelo Galileo in the background.

It’s actually quite a well made wine, it’s not at all young or a fruit bomb. I seem to get through a bottle every three months - but I definitely want some in the house at all times. A good egg of a wine.

IMG-0912.jpg

After months of drinking Spanish wine which tastes of cow poo, French wine which tastes of compost, Italian wine which tastes of tobacco, Spanish wine which tastes of the sea and rusty nails, my brain and body craved for something nice and simple. Wine which tastes like wine.

Perrin Ventoux. Here with squid and taboulé. Anthony Rooley playing solo lute music by Michelangelo Galileo in the background.

It’s actually quite a well made wine, it’s not at all young or a fruit bomb. I seem to get through a bottle every three months - but I definitely want some in the house at all times. A good egg of a wine.
It's at Majestic £9.99 before I pull the trigger,tell me you won't change your mind in 30mns.

IMG-0912.jpg

It takes me much less time than that to get through a bottle!

advertisement

Back