advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a review of Nerthe Cassagnes red from cellar tracker which puts well what I feel about the 2020

Full body, low acid, low tannin -- ready to drink now, and offering a fair degree of satisfaction if you are looking for something rich and warm. The flavors are still primary, so it may develop more complexity if you leave it for another year or two, but it is not a long keeper

That was written in 2021, so wine 3 years old as opposed to my 2 year old bottle of 2020.

Cassagne sounds like castagne, and castagne makes me think of Nourago's Toulouse -- Ici, même les mémés aiment la castagne

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reprise

Yeah the snaps are rubbish no excuse but I was trying to cook asparagus and risotto refill glasses and get a few glugs myself.

and make the images bigger.

Absolutely - you have to click on them to read the labels, and the host you are using is an ad-riddled monstrosity, so you click on and then click-off before you've actually had time to see the photo.

Flickr here mainly.

But postimages.org works well - if the image is large enough- don't let it resize your picture.

Stacking wine in cardboard boxes - how high would you go please?

I see your four and raise you six.

20230402145848-2da2eb9a.jpg

I have tried the 2017. Two bottles bought from Majestic in November 2022 and opened November and December 2022.

The wine didn't make my "buy again" rating but it's a matter of personal taste of course. I am always wary of putting forward my experience because others seem to differ quite a lot.

My notes for the first bottle say the wine was "perfectly made" with "no faults" that I could perceive; but that it had "limited character" on opening which developed only slowly and not sufficiently. I opened the second bottle 4 hours before it was required but this was still not enough to convince me.

For me, I look for no annoying faults and enough character to be interesting. And so far (on limited evidence I admit) I have found the 2018 Rhone wines I have tried to be more to my taste than the 2017s. So the 2018 Guigal from Majestic might be a different kettle of fish.

I am not highly experienced in CdP but I have recently been looking for an inexpensive wine with enough character for my taste. Maybe one against which to judge an exploration of what ought to be better (at least more expensive) wines. This 2019 CdP from Waitrose Cellar looks interesting so far. I bought two bottles during the last 25% off offer. The one I opened in early March was very well made and over time developed enough character to interest me. I am looking forward to seeing if the second bottle decanted early enough matches or improves on the first before giving it a rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back