advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your four and raise you six.

20230402145848-2da2eb9a.jpg

Thank you. I do hope that is not your domestic rising main.

This week's Aldi markdown - Condrieu.
I reckon that''ll do nicely when Mum comes round for lunch over the weekend.

Completely frazzled as to how that is even remotely possible. There's only a couple of hundred hectares there, and serious demand. And it isn't easy stuff to make (well).

Completely frazzled as to how that is even remotely possible. There's only a couple of hundred hectares there, and serious demand. And it isn't easy stuff to make (well).
Indeed. For a new experience I added a couple of bottes of Guigal Condrieu (2019) to a Majestic order last November and it was a lot more expensive even after the discount. I have one left and it might be fascinating to compare the two if I could locate an Aldi sample. I will try my two local branches today.

I was putting some of the Aldi Pomerol in my Trolley and was about to head to the Condrieu when someone swooped on the remaining bottles. I did however notice they are selling Chateau Perenne 2016 at a similar price.Does anyone know anything about this wine?

I note that both the Perenne and indeed the Moulinet are Chinese owned is that a coincidence or a potential explanantion of the discounted price?

I was putting some of the Aldi Pomerol in my Trolley and was about to head to the Condrieu when someone swooped on the remaining bottles. I did however notice they are selling Chateau Perenne 2016 at a similar price.Does anyone know anything about this wine?

I note that both the Perenne and indeed the Moulinet are Chinese owned is that a coincidence or a potential explanantion of the discounted price?

I would guess that Chinese owned is a warning sign. You can imagine that the French did not sell their best vineyards to them, but they did sell over 100. Some bought to distribute mainly in China. Having said that if the price is right try a bottle...

A wee mor Italian after the excesses.
Intense brooding smoky dark fruit.
Enjoyed with pesto spaghetti.
Has anyone heard of the pilgrim's progress I fear
he may have been captured by brigands and thrown in an oubliette.

I picked up a half bottle of Kooliburra Muscat from Aldi the other day and found it very reminiscent of a Pedro Ximinex albeit a bit harsh. 48 hours in the Fridge later and back up to room temperature it has transformed into something much more opulent full of dried vine fruits and toffee. Where is the blue cheese when needed?

I picked up a half bottle of Kooliburra Muscat from Aldi the other day and found it very reminiscent of a Pedro Ximinex albeit a bit harsh. 48 hours in the Fridge later and back up to room temperature it has transformed into something much more opulent full of dried vine fruits and toffee. Where is the blue cheese when needed?

Your place or mine?

Croft 2003 Vintage Port
[2nd bottle...]

Decanted using the Hersh method: decanting time in open decanter increased to 6 1/2 hours, after filtering through double layer of Chinese organic cotton mesh supported by Screwpull wine curved funnel.

Noteable improvement in smoothness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back