advertisement

Choose three songs from the 80s

Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Manuel Göttsching - E2:E4
The Fall - I Am Damo Suzuki

PS Note how I just hogged the whole evening with E2:E4. I do that sort of thing.

Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Manuel Göttsching - E2:E4
The Fall - I Am Damo Suzuki

PS Note how I just hogged the whole evening with E2:E4. I do that sort of thing.
But fair enough, it's a fantastic album..
Some amazing songs in this thread, I'll try to post my 3 when I've had time to think although most of the ones that come to my head right now have already been suggested.

Hard to leave out the first number one of the 80s (technically released at the end of 79 for the pedants but who cares) :)

Last edited:
Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
R. E. M. - Fall On Me
The Specials AKA - Free Nelson Mandela
And because I had forgotten about it until I heard it on the radio yesterday and it's a great and important song
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy

If these songs can be chosen in no small part due to the memories they bring back then the SOS Band and Just be good to me.

4 young guys living in Brentford, all with big motorbikes, bigger stereos, lots of money and somehow all able to persuade ladies to come round and party. Happy days.

Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
R. E. M. - Fall On Me
The Specials AKA - Free Nelson Mandela
And because I had forgotten about it until I heard it on the radio yesterday and it's a great and important song
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
That's part of why this is such a good thread, bringing back so many memories. Smalltown boy was indeed an important song for so many.

Though one... today I'll choose:

"Gardening at Night" from Chronic Town
"Gigantic" from Surfer Rosa
“In Between Days” from The Head on the Door

advertisement

Back