advertisement

Cancel Culture

Allison Pearson

MMR vaccine autism conspiracy theory

Pearson was listed in Spiked in 2007 as one of many journalists who promoted the conspiracy theory that the MMR vaccine causes autism.[14]

Islam
Less than an hour after the first of the 22 March 2016 Belgian bombings, Pearson suggested that the attacks were a justification for the Brexit cause in the then-upcoming referendum on Britain's membership of the European Union, writing on Twitter that "Brussels, de facto capital of the EU, is also the jihadist capital of Europe. And the Remainers dare to say we're safer in the EU!". The tweet was widely criticised as "ill-considered" and "shameless".[15][16][17]

Creating internment camps in the United Kingdom
Following the May 2017 Manchester Arena bombing, Pearson called for the introduction of internment camps in the United Kingdom.[18]

NHS overcrowding
In December 2019, Pearson falsely claimed that a photo of a child lying on the floor at Leeds General Infirmary was staged[19] and that she had been given "detailed explanation" that the photo was staged. She also said that the photo was "100% faked".[20]

Coronavirus
Pearson has promoted purposely infecting young people with COVID-19 despite the risks to their health to create herd immunity within the population.[21] Pearson drew criticism in January 2021 after outing a critic's employer on Twitter, after claiming that the NHS bed occupancy during the pandemic was lower than suggested.[22]

Transgender rights
Pearson views transgender identity as “a warped ideology”.[23] In 2017 she described a review of the Gender Recognition Act “spineless politicians, pathetically eager to be on-trend” and that the review was due to “biological science lies”.[23][24] In the same year she published an article in The Daily Telegraph titled "Will our spineless politicians' love affair with LGBT ever end?" and in 2018 another titled "The tyranny of the transgender minority has got to be stopped"[25][26]

As I've said before, the only thing Twitter's good for is videos of cats being cute. Otherwise, avoid it.

Haha...someone should thought about they'd own Social media legacy before calling someone out.

As I've said before, the only thing Twitter's good for is videos of cats being cute. Otherwise, avoid it.
There are definitely some funny things. Titania McGrath for instance, though she certainly enrages notorious do-gooders incapable of seeing their views exposed (challenged) under the light of irony.

Her latest target: The cover of a current edition of Cosmopolitan showing two severely obese but proud women, titled 'THIS IS HEALTHY'. If it were tongue-in-cheek I would laugh, but it isn't.

There are definitely some funny things. Titania McGrath for instance, though she certainly enrages notorious do-gooders incapable of seeing their views exposed (challenged) under the light of irony.

Her latest target: The cover of a current edition of Cosmopolitan showing two severely obese but proud women, titled 'THIS IS HEALTHY'. If it were tongue-in-cheek I would laugh, but it isn't.

I've just googled Titania McGrath as the name was new to me. I don't think I'll bother to investigate any further. I see nothing funny in being proud of your own body and everything wrong in others judging that body.

Reckon Rowan Atkinson's view that "Cancel culture is like a medieval mob looking for someone to burn" is an interesting point that is bound to get the some of these "social media luvvies" a bit "hot under the collar".

But it's not Twitter, it's The Telegraph, Social Media Division. Twitter's the one place you can challenge the kind of poison The Telegraph is pushing (in this case really dangerous stuff that is for sure going to get a lot of people killed) and that's why the likes of Pearson are so trigger-happy with legal threats and work-based harassment: they are actually a tiny bit exposed there, and to make it a comfortable environment for themselves they have to make it an absolute hellscape for uppity members of the public.

Reckon Rowan Atkinson's view that "Cancel culture is like a medieval mob looking for someone to burn" is an interesting point that is bound to get the some of these "social media luvvies" a bit "hot under the collar".
I think the OP's point was that it's not the mob threatening legal action and demanding to speak to some random bloke's manager: typically it's tossers like Atkinson and Pearson. Absolute snowflakes.

Haha...someone should thought about they'd own Social media legacy before calling someone out.
Sure. Be careful what's in your bins when you speak back to the British press.

Very normal country, very healthy.

I see nothing funny in being proud of your own body and everything wrong in others judging that body.
If I got you right @vince rocker : I agree, if some people are obese and proud to be that way, then so be it, good for them - except that these people, in reality, experience the tragedy of not being able to lose weight whatever they do, so they have to find ways to make do with it. Do you really think that these people enjoy the difficulties they experience in their daily lives ?

In any case, is it a reason for publicly promoting obesity by saying it's healthy ?

I like pictures of contrite dogs with their owners holding disemboweled cushions up to them and I like Gerard Batten, particularly when he gives sagacious advice to the Prime Minister,

Ht2za4m.jpg

crkegL3.jpg

I like pictures of contrite dogs with their owners holding disemboweled cushions up to them and I like Gerard Batten, particularly when he gives sagacious advice to the Prime Minister,

Ht2za4m.jpg

crkegL3.jpg
Arguably two Telegraph confections there, one of them literally on the payroll, competing over who can do the most damage to the country. The whole of British politics in microcosm.

If I got you right @vince rocker : I agree, if some people are obese and proud to be that way, then so be it, good for them - except that these people, in reality, experience the tragedy of not being able to lose weight whatever they do, so they have to find ways to make do with it. Do you really think that these people enjoy the difficulties they experience in their daily lives ?

In any case, is it a reason for publicly promoting obesity by saying it's healthy ?

In the case of the Cosmopolitan cover it is also a conscious rejection of the fashion magazine image that only very slim women can be models.

In the case of the Cosmopolitan cover it is also a conscious rejection of the fashion magazine image that only very slim women can be models.
I’d personally enjoy a new tendency towards fifties-bodies, but women double the physiologically ideal weight, I don’t know... would you ?

advertisement

Back