advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

Edited that for you ;)

Gosh, thanks...I was getting far too carried away there...

Do you think if I told her they were just a couple of hundred I could get away with it...but then the sub and the Specials and the ESL57s....damn it, I would have to sell something on...

If you want to have a group buy, I can sort out some discount on drivers and the cabinets. Not so much wiggle room on the XO components but can sort something.

I'm always happy to provide the parts I sell at a group buy discount, even for other projects. I got a load of outriggers for members over on the WAM.

Been looking at these for a couple years - I even have some specced up on the KJF Audio website ready to hit “add to cart”!

A group buy might just make me scratch that itch....

Nice resurrection. Glad to see there is still interest in compact sealed loudspeaker systems. Just so everyone knows, Stefan has my blessing to sell these as kits for those who aren’t comfortable making their own sawdust.

The more the merrier really. No real room for just 2 pairs, but 3 pairs I can get a small discount for you and 5 pairs a bit more, 10 pairs more again etc etc.

It sounds like a fun project. I might be interested, but I'm concerned about the shipping to Canada inflating the cost considerably. :(

It sounds like a fun project. I might be interested, but I'm concerned about the shipping to Canada inflating the cost considerably. :(
Mike, the cabinet kit with XOs but sans drivers should be about half the weight. You can source the drivers from Madisound.

Is there a sub that goes well with these wee beasties?

ATM that's the only thing that puts me off is that my 10" bass drivers I have at the moment are lovely and I would miss them...

If you check out the thread https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/active-dsp-speaker-project.235672/ I built a sealed 10" active woofer with DSP that works in my view very well with the Ergo IX's. Seems to integrate well since you can use the DSP capability of the Hypex amp to really tailor the response.

Are the any pictures of completed kits anywhere? I know we’re not much of a pictures forum but some good shots of what we’re buying would really help whet some appetites - mine included.

advertisement

Back