advertisement

Buffalo II - Assembly for the Electronically Bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Russ and Brian have announced some details on a new Buffalo III on the DIY Audio forum. Sounds like the III will be more configurable than the II, but still uses add on Tridents. Seems that the audio differences will be small, so probably not worth upgrading to from a Buffalo II. Of course, a Dual Mono Buffalo III / Legato III / Placid HD would be interesting...

OK, stop, rewind, buy more music instead!

I saw that too Martin. I'm currently visiting the TP website quite a lot, waiting for some more Tridents to go on sale.

It's a bit frustrating TBH.

I saw that too Martin. I'm currently visiting the TP website quite a lot, waiting for some more Tridents to go on sale.

It's a bit frustrating TBH.

Oh yes, it is frustrating. I am also waiting for Tridents and HD BP Placid.

Probably the new BIII will be more expensive than BII, but for "true stereo" music fans doesn't make to much sense to invest in BIII.

They have a strange buisness policy. Nearly all BII components are not available at the moment ???, but the new stuff is under construction

I have just build BII wit Legato 2.1 and BP Placid and a new stuff like Legato 3 abd HD Placid appears ...

It might be worthwhile setting up a system for when one of us notices stuff for sale on TP. For my part, I'll PM tomek and Bemused (tony) if I happen to spot the Tridents, Legato and/or HD BP Placid available.

It might be worthwhile setting up a system for when one of us notices stuff for sale on TP. For my part, I'll PM tomek and Bemused (tony) if I happen to spot the Tridents, Legato and/or HD BP Placid available.

Oh yes, i will also PM you :)

We can make a "Buffalo" alert group :D:D:D

Oh yes, it is frustrating. I am also waiting for Tridents and HD BP Placid.

Probably the new BIII will be more expensive than BII, but for "true stereo" music fans doesn't make to much sense to invest in BIII.

They have a strange buisness policy. Nearly all BII components are not available at the moment ???, but the new stuff is under construction

I have just build BII wit Legato 2.1 and BP Placid and a new stuff like Legato 3 abd HD Placid appears ...

It's a two-men company. Russ and Brian have normal day time jobs. Twisted Pear Audio is run as a hobby.

Under those conditions I think they are doing just fine.

It's a two-men company. Russ and Brian have normal day time jobs. Twisted Pear Audio is run as a hobby.

Under those conditions I think they are doing just fine.

Incredible. They are doing absolutely great work.:)

We just have to wait patiently enjoying the sound of our (if already build) Buffalos. :cool:

Maybe try tweaking the output filter like done with Legato? I found those 15nf Wima filter caps to over soften the sound in both Legato and IVY

Done yesterday. I swapped C1-4 on my IVY-III for 1nF polystyrenes, resulting in a BIG improvement. Thanks so much for the tip! HFs are now really nice – clear, detailed, and smooth. Teflons might be an excellent choice here as well.

This thread needs more pictures.

I did post a couple but no comments so they might have been missed in the flurry of posts after TP went on sale again.

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

From an earlier thread but here goes, my BII (before Tridents, Volumite and way more case venting)
1) Power Case and Buffalo Case
p1000045i.jpg

2) Power case internals, PFM board, raw DC out
p1000025o.jpg

3) Rear of cases with power umbilical
p1000044v.jpg

4) DAC internals
p1000039x.jpg

Great work !!! It is inspiring me to order one case at Modushop, but at the moment i don't know my final configuration :D

Done yesterday. I swapped C1-4 on my IVY-III for 1nF polystyrenes, resulting in a BIG improvement. Thanks so much for the tip! HFs are now really nice – clear, detailed, and smooth. Teflons might be an excellent choice here as well.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it worked out ok , I've not tried Teflons here yet, they should be good as long as not too huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back