advertisement

Bristol Show 2024

The promotional video puts me right off - que looks about half an hour long ! I hate queuing.

Will probably still go though, maybe Sunday when its a bit quieter.

Just don't arrive before 11:00 and you'll be fine.

Another pro tip: when you get in, go straight to the top floor of the exhibition and work down. Not only do you have gravity on your side, but most people start at the bottom and work up, so the upper rooms are quieter at the start of the day.

Another pro tip: when you get in, go straight to the top floor of the exhibition and work down. Not only do you have gravity on your side, but most people start at the bottom and work up, so the upper rooms are quieter at the start of the day.
This is correct, and that queue is usually a Friday - last year it went on for nigh on 30 minutes before the queue got in.
Saturday was around 15 mins.
Sunday around the same, but fewer folks than Saturday.
Then it is walk in without much hassle.
No idea why they insist on starting at the time they do - and if it's cold and wet, just yuk.
Saturday usually sees the '6 nations' rugby & more than a few want to watch that, both exhibitors and visitors.

If you look at the brands represented page -

No Marantz (I missed those halcyon shows with Ken Ishiwata)
No Cambridge Audio (where is the replacement for the 851's ? I'd like to look at their streamers)
No Roksan (Are they going to replace the Blak/Caspian ranges?)
No Denafrips (long way from China)
No Stirling Broadcast or Graham Audio
No Kef ! Surprising - they may be relying on What HiFi alone to promote their products !
No Luxman/Accuphase/Yamaha (long way from Japan)
No Buchardt (I think they only exist online)
No Primare
:(

If you click on the Audiolab logo it suggests they will be promoting their 8300 Amp and MDac+ which are old products ! Old link I think, but that is a bit rubbish. Other links have no information at all.

Will probably still go though. 🙂

Would still like to see Leema/Sugden/Harbeth/Falcon/Hegel/Linn. Slim pickings.

I think the show isn't what it once was, which is a shame.

No Cambridge Audio (where is the replacement for the 851's ? I'd like to look at their streamers)
No Kef ! Surprising - they may be relying on What HiFi alone to promote their products !
No Primare

If you click on the Audiolab logo it suggests they will be promoting their 8300 Amp and MDac+ which are old products ! Old link I think, but that is a bit rubbish. Other links have no information at all.

Also no Heed Audio on the list, I did enjoy their room a number of years back, sounded really good I recall.

Really good points.

I did find though that arriving at the opening time that there was no queue at the pay cash door and about ten people in the pre-booked ticket queue. Which was odd. That was a Friday.

Cambridge Audio never has a presence at Bristol as the show is run by Audio T (a dealer) but Cambridge is only available in the UK through Richer Sounds.

No Primare

I know for a fact that Accuphase will be at the show as Fyne Audio are using their amps, and the UK Accuphase distributor and I are driving down together.

It may be that these brands are not taking rooms in their own right, but I'd be surprised if many of them aren't present in some form or another.

As others have said, it's an Audio T show, so majors on the brands they sell, but others do get a look in nowadays, especially where they don't compete with the Audio T brands.

I know for a fact that Accuphase will be at the show as Fyne Audio are using their amps, and the UK Accuphase distributor and I are driving down together.

It may be that these brands are not taking rooms in their own right, but I'd be surprised if many of them aren't present in some form or another.

As others have said, it's an Audio T show, so majors on the brands they sell, but others do get a look in nowadays, especially where they don't compete with the Audio T brands.

Good news

I think Marantz will also be on another stand with one of their AV amps.

Cambridge Audio never has a presence at Bristol as the show is run by Audio T (a dealer) but Cambridge is only available in the UK through Richer Sounds.
once i was there the entire room was filled with a huge contingent of cambridge audio staff who were visiting . they will be there again enjoying the show .

No Primare

you wont get Buchardt as they are direct sale only

primare will be in many rooms no doubt , its a common brand used

Technics don't appear on the exhibitors list for this year either which I think is a shame.

No Sony? I dont see them on the show site. I always bought a pair of headphones at the show as Sony did some excellent deals, in fact they were Sony employee deals as you had to pay through their site iirc.

I'm going again this year. It's a shame the exhibitors list is smaller than last year but it's an easy, cheap day out for my friend (who is also a hifi nerd) and me, so I'm not complaining.

I'm trying to get a read on this show. Before moving back to the States I lived in the UK full-time and I had ritualistically attended the show. From what I'm gathering in this thread, it would appear that the bloom has fallen/is falling off the rose. Is it no longer the show it once was? Are the shows in other parts of the country outclassing Bristol?

And to be fair, here in the States, we have far too many shows. The biggest and best one is AXPONA in Chicago. After that, it would be the Capital Audio Fest in Rockville, Maryland. But, much like the Bristol show, the hotel has seen better days and is far past its due-by date. Folks do make the argument that there are people all over the country and who deserve a show, but it is the exhibitors/brands who make a show, and if their budgets: money/time/resources do not allow for them to exhibit at ALL the shows, then travel on the part of attendees becomes a necesssity.

I'm trying to get a read on this show. Before moving back to the States I lived in the UK full-time and I had ritualistically attended the show. From what I'm gathering in this thread, it would appear that the bloom has fallen/is falling off the rose. Is it no longer the show it once was? Are the shows in other parts of the country outclassing Bristol?

And to be fair, here in the States, we have far too many shows. The biggest and best one is AXPONA in Chicago. After that, it would be the Capital Audio Fest in Rockville, Maryland. But, much like the Bristol show, the hotel has seen better days and is far past its due-by date. Folks do make the argument that there are people all over the country and who deserve a show, but it is the exhibitors/brands who make a show, and if their budgets: money/time/resources do not allow for them to exhibit at ALL the shows, then travel on the part of attendees becomes a necesssity.
I’ve been going for about 15 years and I wouldn’t say it has changed radically in that time. If anything, the brands on show have expanded as Audio T seem more relaxed about exhibiting brands they don’t stock nowadays, albeit these tend to be more niche, smaller outfits. But this does widen the appeal for visitors. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve noticed much difference over the years.

some of the negative comments on this thread re the show do not reflect reality… it is extremely popular with lots of great rooms.. it will be busy this year too if the forums buzz is anything to go by..

Quite honestly the best show I've ever been too is the cranage one. I've done Bristol over 15 times but the cranage one is much easier. Rooms are better, it's more relaxing. Just try it. That being said Bristol is still fun, if a little more cramped.

advertisement

Back