advertisement

Bristol Show 2024

Thanks for further replies. I've checked my car and it's compliant for the emission zone.
Not bad as it's 20 this year.
Think I'll have a look for an on street parking space, or pay a few quid for a multi all day.

But mostly, I'm still trying to weigh up whether to park up at the Travelodge, or in Bristol Centre, or even somewhere between. Disappointingly, it seems a bus from the Travelodge to the centre takes nearly and hour!
There are a number of Travelodges in Bristol including one near the Centre/Broadmead. Maybe you're looking at the one at Cribbs Causeway.

After a fair bit of digging, I still failed to find any designated Blue Badge bays.

However, according to Bristol CC, Blue Badge holders can park for unlimited periods in on street Pay and Display spaces, for free. I'm less bothered about the 'For Free' bit than the actual distances involved... I can actually walk considerable distances.. sometimes.. It's all a bit unpredictable with two metal knees and a 'dicky ticker', but there certainly seems to be a limit to the total walking, standing etc, I can manage in any one day so turning up to a show already knackered is a bit pointless.

However, I did find a Bristol CC 'Pinpoint Information' map, which shows a multitude of different Council assets etc., including On Street Pay and Display Parking machines, indicated by little blue dots. That seems to indicate that there's plenty of On Street P&D parking in the city, especially just north and just east of the venue. I'll risk that and if that fails I'll get into a Multi Story.

There are a couple of multi story car parks within close range (1/4 mile max) of the venue, NCP Bristol Broadmead is connected to the hotel and 'Just Park' (Newgate I think) around the corner, there is also some on-street parking on the surrounding streets, but I am sure these are pot luck to get.

the NCP adjacent to the hotel wasn't open on the Sunday last year!

I wanted to park there on the last day to get a quick getaway. I ended up in the station car park which was actually fairly reasonable on Sundays (but not the other days).

Giving this year a miss but going to the Munich show in May to see what that’s all about.

I like the Bristol show though it’s in decline from previous years. Last year I spent lot of, in fact too much time at the bar on the mezzanine.

Anyone know whether the main Bristol car parks still accept cash and cards?

I don't use a 'smart phone', so if they only allow payment via an app I'd have a problem.

I'm strongly considering going, but I need to decide on logistics. It's just before my birthday so my family wants to spend time with me. There's a possibility the whole family will go to Bristol and we'll spend a night in a hotel, and some subset of us will attend the show. Otherwise I'd head up by train solo or with a friend for Saturday only.

For hotels, I normally stay in the Future in which is a 5-min walk from the Marriot. If you stay in the hotel, you get free parking in the Cabbot Circus carpark which saves about £36 on its own.

If you ever needed to know about car parks in Bristol this is the thread for you. You also get to read about Mull’s alternative love life. Riveting stuff.

For hotels, I normally stay in the Future in which is a 5-min walk from the Marriot. If you stay in the hotel, you get free parking in the Cabbot Circus carpark which saves about £36 on its own.
Yes it is a pretty good hotel too! Good call.

advertisement

Back