advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show Feb 2022

I may be wrong but I assume if everyone attending an event is vaccinated, the number of people at the event who actually have covid is likely to be lower?

Actually I'd say the opposite is true. The vaccinated are more likely to be asymptomatic or have reduced symptoms so less likely to know if they're infected and to be going about their business as usual.

If you've ever attended the Bristol hifi show, with the packed corridors of oft-unwashed erm, peopl^^^^ adherents

... there always were good reasons to wear a mask, and disinfect before and after.

Don't let Covid put you off.

Thank god it is canceled hearing garbage from accountants on how much they understand electronic/audio/and other matter always reminds me of witchcraft and fairies let alone the bull-poo stuff.

It's sad news, but a wiser decision.

We just are not there yet, things are far from normal, ie safe.

My wife was at the NEC recently where everyone had to show they were double jabbed. Perhaps it’s assumed ‘hifi nerds’ are thick?
Double jabbed does not stop you getting covid, I am double jabbed and have just got over covid, could not eat for four days, had night sweats, rattley bones, lost a stone in weight,vomiting, head aches, no taste, no smell. You can keep your shows, hifi or otherwise, I for one don’t want covid again!!

I agree. I would have been more than happy to have gone, and would have taken the necessary precautions. I've just come out of isolation after having Covid (and, yes, I'm double jabbed) and was lucky that my symptoms were nothing more than feeling like I had a fairly bad cold, however I know others are not so lucky.

Sadly, though, it's not going anywhere anytime soon and life has to go on. We can't just hide indoors until it goes away.

A shame but understandable. Not an ideal audio environment but a chance to hear stuff not accessible in some areas of the U.K.

Was hoping to audition some speakers outside of the usual suspects. Will have to revert to dealers and home loans of kit. Maybe they might rethink a later date. After all Boris called omicron a tidal wave, but IMHO sounded more like another Boris tsunami of BS, you know, 24/7 with live shovelling.

The best way to make the most of the Bristol Hi-Fi show, in my experience, is to travel to Bristol, meet up with some like-minded audiophiles and you brother if you have one, repair to the Severn Shed (as was) drink their excellent Mojitos/other beverages and indulge in intelligent, witty and stimulating audiophile, philosophical, music and petrolhead conversation until all awareness of the nearby Hi-Fi show anachronism fades. Followed by steak frites and a bottle of red wine.

My sincere thanks to my brother Martin Clark, Robert and other PFM members with whom I shared this sublime experience in years past. The memory of which sustains me on long winter evenings. Cheers guys!

Enjoy!

My wife and I (both double jabbed) caught CV-19 in late summer, so our three kids went down as well - caught it from us, no doubt (our oldest was hospitalized with pneumonia as a result). We are a careful family, although in retrospect, there is always more that could/should be done.

We won't be taking ABCaudio or EWA to a HiFi show just yet, in no way does it feel like a good idea. Just our personal opinion.
I've not been to a hifi show since I was a youth with a bag full of brochures and a mouth full of those questions that Mick P mentioned, but I can't think of a better way to spend a day then joining Mark and Martin and their buddies along with Alan and CJ. Wisdom, knowledge, kindness and excellent company. Although after that many drinks the wisdom bit may suffer...

advertisement

Back