advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this counts as a sunlit upland?

FHOAgrFXoAk0fN3

As I posted else where on here, expect more 'issues' for a the first few weeks in january when this lot kicks in to make it "easier"

I am sure you are aware of the slight change to the importation of goods into the U.K. as of 1ST. Jan 2022. From the beginning of the new year we will raise the import C88 as normal, we will then send you the entry number for your shipment, this entry number must be passed to the haulier carrying your shipment, the haulier will then have to raise a special reference/bar code(GMR) for your goods and this they will have to present at the port of exit Calais/Eurotunnel Etc. As the ship/train leaves France the Customs entry will automatically clear on the ship/train.

I'm sure that gives disaster capitalists like Redwood and Rees-Mogg the warm fuzzies.

Sadly - that kind of volatility in the markets creates the perfect feeding ground for the 'zero sum game' merchants to make a killing.

The son of a relative of mine works with a very clever bunch of traders in Australia, who seem to do little more than look for ultra short term temporary inequalities in various currencies and asset-classes across different markets in the world, and do trades where being a few nanoseconds ahead of the rest of the market can net you fortunes. They loved Trump - he could single-handedly destabilise markets and set them alight with any one of a myriad of nonsensical tweets. BJ and his merry band of Brexiteers seem to be doing something similar in the UK and Europe.

It's an ill wind and all that..

Can our new Brexit-reprogrammed Liz Truss bless the cheese-makers?
I’m backing Truss cheesemonger extraordinaire for the party leadership:

Liz Truss is far less popular with the wider public than with Conservative activists.
However, Opinium’s figures suggest that she would do even worse than Johnson, and far worse than Sunak, and lead the Tories to a crushing 16-point defeat. Her one crumb of comfort is that Gove would do even worse: with him as leader, the Tories would lag Labour by 18 points”

Britannia Unchained yet Held in Truss. Looking forward to a really ugly leadership contest. Of course Sunak can outspend the lot of them put together but I’m liking Truss’s current phoney war effort- the Thatcher hairdo and tank commander shtick. Guaranteed to lose them the next election, so let’s give Liz a big cheer.

clfgzeW.jpg

The campaign to get Sunak appointed is in full swing. The Truss scare stories masqurading as puffs are to ensure their man looks to be the only safe option.

Only a few months ago the pfm zeitgeist held it that, due to our defective electoral system, the dastardly tories could never, ever be beaten.

Good to see that the communal glass is now at least half full.

Only a few months ago the pfm zeitgeist held it that, due to our defective electoral system, the dastardly tories could never, ever be beaten.

Good to see that the communal glass is now at least half full.

They would still have your vote, so why worry? After all, those Brexit benefits are just flooding in. Small farmers, Cheese producers (despite the love of the Truss) fishermen, all toasting Boris this crimbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back